FG automatic engine harness into BA

u-god112

• Member For: 5y 8m 28d

Hi guys, new here. I'm doing a FG long block into BA conversion also a t5 to t56. The engine harness is for a ZF 6 speed auto, but my BA ECU is tuned for a t5 manual. Will it be okay to run with the automatic connections taped up? Or will the Canbus wiring cause trouble?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

From what I understand you will need to switch the trans over in the pcm but I haven't tried it myself. I think you need to do something about the reverse switch too to prevent issues but you'd need to double check on that.

There are a few dudes on here that will be able to chime in with a bit more detail. There is a fair bit of conversion info on the hp tuners site.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

talk about a convoluted way to get it working... I doubt that a ZF loom will work with a T56 or a BA ECU. Best to get matching hardware, where possible.

• Member For: 5y 8m 28d

I know but apprentice wages :33 

Spoke to a whole bunch of people yesterday, the only thing I have to worry about is the inhibitor switch and reverse lockout. Going to run the lockout off a relay and break switch. Do you guys know where abouts the connector is for the inhibitor switch, the one the other side of the ECU?