G6ET turbo upgrade

karlp2

• Member For: 10y 7m 11d

Turbo upgrade, have a G6ET with a stock 3576 turbo with the porting and flapper mod, looking to upgrade to the GTX3582R Gen 2.  When ordering I just want to make sure I’m getting everything needed, my questions 1) there’s a couple options around the flapper size and the actuator size - what is recommended?  2) Also reading through I understand I need a couple reducers but can’t see any details to guide me on what exactly I need to order?  Current supporting mods: Walbro 400 pump, 1000cc injectors, P/W stage 1 intercooler, and a full xforce (twin 2.5”) exhaust.  Cheers for your help

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

1) 38mm wastegate/flapper, whatever PSI actuator you want your MINIMUM boost to be

2) reducers... I think you mean oil restrictors. The turbo supplier should be able to tell you what you need there for your motor and turbo combination and either supply them or tell you what specifically to buy.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
4 minutes ago, k31th said:

reducers

I thought he meant silicone aye? You don't want an oil restrictor with that turbo.

The turbo has a 4 inch inlet and a 2.5 inch outlet so you wanna plan your joiners around that. An intake/airbox upgrade is probably in order too, for various reasons.

If anyone is interested to know, I could still make 10psi up top, with the actuator disconnected from the flapper, with pretty much the same setup.

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m

I had this very problem when I upgraded my turbo and tried many different things like reducing the silicon down to meet up with the factory silencer etc etc custom silicon but now I am just using a 4" flexi pipe from auto pro which does the job, you loose alot of what you gain if you don't delete the factory silencer as it is only 3" in diameter and severely restricts flow into the mouth of the turbo, I tested it with my car and it lost several pounds of boost above about 4000 rpm, was like hitting a brick wall.

• 1 month later...