Diff bush fix

Gun40t

• Member For: 6y 7m 27d

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has tried the sika-flex diff bush trick, I couldnt see it not working if it was packed in there it wouldnbe doing the same as a normal bush, rubber preventing a bolt smashing a casing, if anyones tried to for a quick short term fix.

Any feed back would be great cheers

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

It works for packing the tail shaft centre bearing really well but I think there'd be too much twisting on the diff bush for sika to help.

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

I did it but you got to use the right sealant. If you use the wrong stuff like I did it wont dry in the bush for ages (I left it for two weeks before driving). I used a flexible tube on the end of the gun to get it right into the voids in the rear bush and the drivers side bush. You cant get to the passenger side bush.

If you could get a two pack sealant that would cure in there it would work fine. I think its worthwhile for a bush that is not munched, just cracked in the usual places but most sealants need air to dry and just wont dry like you think. 

If I did it again I would research on the best product to use instead of just using the average sealant. You also want a sealant that has a good hardness when dry.

• 3 weeks later...