Boost, no Boost, Boost???

GOSSY

• Member For: 6y 3m 9d
5 hours ago, arronm said:

You do have the solenoid connected the correct way right?? 

Yes

Top of solenoid goes to compressor housing, bottom to wastegate. You said bypassing the solenoid and all was good>?????

Yes, I bypassed solenoid and all was good, had no issues at all.

Is the Boost pressure sensor ok.  

Ummmm, now you got me, is that the sensor on the inlet tract with 3 wires? If so, how would I test it?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm new to the turbo scene.

Plugged the Forscan in and got: "Connection to vehicle has been established, then a header come up saying: Unable to identify vehicle, if PCM has a custom tune installed, please enter strategy/calibration name or part number of FACTORY PCM (ex.5L3A-12A650-AYH)"

I've been in a few Standard XR6 Turbos and this this feels very very healthy compared to them

So, as I cannot find if the vehicle has been tuned, I assume I should just take it to a Tuner and go from there? Elite Automotive or Profile Autosports for those in SE Qld or any other recommendations? Prefer south of Brisbane or Gold Coast.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would follow up and finalise this thread.

Well, as the car and tune was standard except for the X Force Turbo back exhaust, it worked without issues until the cooler weather arrived, then it started playing up/over boosting.

I put a stock exhaust back on now so no more problems and the car is working perfectly, so thanks to all for your help and advice.

Cheers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

you didn't mention the exhaust until the resolution *sigh*... of course a turbo-back exhaust will cause overboost :ermm::nono::no2:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...