Parts ordered, tune next week or so.

urslow

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
On 6/22/2018 at 6:34 PM, urslow said:

Im in Lismore NSW... For some reason, no matter how many times I change my location on my profile it always goes back to "Brizzy"

fixed that for ya :spoton:

• Thanks 1

• Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 9d

Tune booked and happening tomorrow. Cant wait.

I will post the results.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Tune is done and it made 300rwhp or 225rwkw on low boost (7lbs). My tuner said the valve springs were floating at higher boost so he dialled it back. I am happy with the results and the way the ute pulls now. It definitely feels nice all through the rev range and goes hard enough for now. I may look at injectors/springs in the future.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

inside my expected result, but those valve springs must be uber-weak if they're struggling at that sort of boost. Hope you enjoy it :spoton::icon_ford:

• Donating Members

I told him I wasn't chasing every last KW and wanted it to be "safe" so he was making sure I didn't have any issues I guess? He said about 10-12lbs after some springs and injectors would be what he would expect and a heap more power. Being a ute I said I didnt want the tail end to be too loose too lol, may have had something to do with the lower boost, not sure.

225rwkw at 7lbs is a decent result isnt it?

Edited by urslow

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

yeah, 10-12lbs would be around the high 200's, low 300's mark and would definitely require injectors, with a quality tune.

7psi is fine for the stock injectors, so nothing to worry about there and seems about right for 225kW :) stock is 5psi (or so) at about 180ish rwkw.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Not too sure, it had the wastegate etc done before I took it in so I dont think he did a full blown power run first. I didnt ask. I can definately tell the difference in power though.

I dug up my old dyno sheets from my old BA and it has the same power as it except way less boost. I had a dyno run on my old one at elite in Btisbane with a generic capa edit tune and similar mods but it was running more boost.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:45 PM, k31th said:

yeah, 10-12lbs would be around the high 200's, low 300's mark and would definitely require injectors, with a quality tune.

7psi is fine for the stock injectors, so nothing to worry about there and seems about right for 225kW :) stock is 5psi (or so) at about 180ish rwkw.

that's exactly what the tuner said. Around 300.