Greendaddy

• Member For: 5y 9m 16d

Hi there needing some knowledge and advice, I've got a 2003 ford ba xr6 turbo auto. I've owned it for around 2 and a half years now and it's always had problems, biggest one is when you put your foot down and hold boost for more than 3 or for seconds it starts to shudder really bad and go into like a limp or safety mode and wants to conk out, only way to stop it doing it is to feather the accelerator numerous times then goes back to normal. No engine lights come up or anything of that sort. I had the spark plugs and Coils changed when I first got it, changed the wastegate, that fixed it for a coupe days then went back to sh*t, changed the wastegate solenoid came good for a few days then went to sh*t again, it started popping and backfiring and over boosting so I changed both map sensors helped it a fair amount but still pops and misses under heavy load and goes into that safety mode again when I hold boost. Really need help and advice on what It could be. Maybe the computer needs a tune or something? Maybe the wastegate flapper isn't opening fully.? It's all stock standard besides a rear muffler delete.. If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 8d

did the previous owner tune it? it sounds like it's got a tune in it with stock parts...

have a look through the "location" forums for the recommended tuner/workshop thread for your area and take it to one of those guys to diagnose it as they are experts on these cars.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 9m 16d

I wouldn't have a clue, guy that sold it to me said he thought the turbo could be stuffed but it works fine no shaft play no damage to the fins either. I'll have to look around for someone in my area who tunes these stock falcon computers