Over fueling

Jacobcurtis

• Member For: 6y 11m 18d

Hey guys how are we? I really need some help with an issue that has arisin with my 05 ba xr6t.

ok so problems-

Car missis on idle.

When either cruising ( no matter what gear) or even holding the rev at the one point my car seems to miss fire until I push the clutch in and roll until revs drop and it kicks back in. Does not happen under heavy load. This problem only occurs ranging from the 2000rpm-2500rpm. No other rev, for some reason it is very specific hah...

Now why I think it might be over fueling is because when I plug my code reader in and get it to mis it says the fuel system has an error then when it stops missing it says all clear. 

The cam control gaskets on the rocker cover had been leaking and sending oil into the 1st and 2nd spark plug barrel soaking the coil and plug in oil. I assumed that might have somthing to do with the misfire. Fixed that but only helped for a couple of days then issue came back. 

Shall Le I just bite the bullet and take it to the tuner and get him to have a look at it or does anyone happen to have and ideas without spending big money.

Look forward to hearing from Yu guys! Thanks heaps fellas

• Member For: 6y 20d
Funny thing mine was doing the same thing o decided to start at the cheapest option and work my way up. First thing I did was clean my air filter thinking maybe its starved of air. So cleaned the filter and put it all back together and problem solved. The thing was filthy

• Member For: 6y 11m 18d

Thanks for yur reply mate, I put a k&n panel filter in there bout 3 months ago so it’s pretty clean, could do with a clean but it’s not bad.. 

UPADATE: I forgot to add my car is running really rich, Constantly pumping crap ton of black smoke out the exhaust..