Tunning power issues

agef6

• Member For: 14y 1m 21d

Hi guys im in need of some help with an issue I have with my BF F6. 

I have taken my car to my tunner to see if I can get some more power with the latest improvements I have do and the issue I am having is the more boost I put through the less or little gain im getting. 

I have been told that there must be something blocking or restricting my boost or flow as we ran up to 19psi and only made 320kw.

These are the mods I have done to the car:

1000cc injectors. 

Atomic valve springs. 

Custom air box. 

Process west stage 2 cooler with standard crossover piping. 

Hot side piping. 

Modified factory turbo to a GTX3582R Gen 1 chra (62.5mm compressor) with a 12psi actuator and ported.

4inch dump 5inch 100cell cat 3.5 inch system.

I have checked cat and it is clear. The only thing I have found is the hot side silicon joiner is slightly squashed between the fans and radiator support could this be the cause?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

• Member For: 19y 6m 4d

Power wise its about right mate. That turbo wont make a huge amount of boost - How much does your tunner think it should be making?

Is the standard under battery pipe still in place or is that what is replaced with the "hot side pipe kit"? Make sure all clamps are tight.

Exhaust is fine.

if you are loosing boost the work shop should be able to work that out in about 2 minutes especially when its on the dyno.

I have seen those kits put down around 360RWKW but all dynos are different.

The tuner says it should be making 340+kw

Before I did turbo upgrades, valve springs and injectors I was making 325rwk on 12psi boost so dosent make sense.

This is the set up im running. 

2012-04-16_18_03_21.jpg

• Member For: 19y 6m 4d

Have the intake manifold bolts been checked lately? Gasket ok?

If the under battery pipe has been changed which by the looks of that kit it has then you will be able to make more boost even with the cross over in place. 

its a tune issue IMO as 12psi for 325 sounds low (boost) and 19psi for 320 sounds highish. 98 fuel yhea?

if the same tunner can make 325 on 12 pounds but only 320 on 19 then he doesn’t know what his doing.

whos tuning it?

old thread says CMS tuned it.

they should be all over it mate. 

I think if Joe and his team cant find the problem then no one can.

At least you would expect that from CMS after all these years.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

I presume you did the mods yourself and then took it to a tuner. That was as much power as they could get out of it.

For a workshop to troubleshoot the limitation, its going to cost more than what you pay for the tune only.... particularly if they have to work out the problem with someone else's work.

Original mods were done by tuner only valve springs and turbo was organised through me recently which I then took back to get a re tune once completed so shouldn't have caused any problems.