Leak help!

LazyBrennan

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6d

Ok guys I am all out of ideas what to check. 

I am loosing a lot of boost. Should be getting 22 psi and only getting 11 psi. The car idles like an absolute pig and stalls. Little issues are noticed like cruise control for example, I cant actually increase speed. 

All things point towards a leak somewhere.  

We have done a compression test and leak down test on the motor and results were all good, We made a device to hook up to the intake and pumped about 30 psi through the whole system trying to hear for a leak and nothing. PCV was checked, Intake manifold gasket was all good (still fairly new and we did pull it apart to check) The actuator has been checked, Throttle body is clean and gasket fine too. Gaskets have been replaced on the turbo. I have tried using a flammable spray like brake cleaner ect around fittings to listen for a change in idle revs and nothing. 

Also getting the P1131 error engine light code. This engine light comes on at just normal driving speeds. I am sure there is things we have checked and I've for gotten to mention. 

I am completely stumped as to what else it could be. 

Any ideas of things to have a look at would be a massive help. 

• Donating Members

Cats been gutted.

15 minutes ago, k31th said:

coils?

maybe a coil driver from the PCM?

Would I still be able to get desired fuel though if that was the case? Was roll racing the other night only getting about 11-12 pounds of boost but my lambda gauge was showing a nice 0.82 the whole time.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

so it actually goes alright when you're up it? e.g only idles and cruises badly? I wouldn't trust an AFR gauge unless you've installed a separate wideband, which I assume you've done, so that doesn't matter anyway.

• Donating Members

Well it goes alright for 11 pounds of boost but it should be getting 22. 

The AFR gauge is a PLX one with a separate 02 sensor installed for it. Its about 2 months old. 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Have you checked the turbo.  Sounds like your not leaking boost, the car just isn't making 22psi.  What does your tuner think.