Haltech Falcon plug & play discussing thread

FiftyOne

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 27d
1 hour ago, demon1300 said:

I'm trying to work out whether to ditch the eboost2 I'd just brought and fitted or keep it and run it as an input into the Haltech so I get in cabin boost control. It really would be a glorified boost gauge with switch though as I'd prefer the Haltech to do the boost control if at all possible.

You won't need the eboost as you can just have a rotary dial on the dash which changes boost settings for you. If you are using the eboost to switch boost levels between gears the Haltech can do that too automatically. It really would be a glorified boost gauge and people really only ever used them because the stock ECU couldn't do what it did. Sell it to fund more stuff for the Haltech like the Racepak dash which replaces all the gauges in the car, Haltech also have a multi gauge that can be hooked up to display data from the ECU from the additional sensors like e85 percentage and fuel pressure.

The possibilities are endless, I can't wait to get it all done!

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 9y 9m 20d

FYI with our new Custom OS you can do dual maps, variable boost via a rotary dial, flex fuel, variable ignition timing for water meth/nitrous and increased table resolution all via the stock PCM with PCMTEC Editor.

You can also wire in a wideband or a relay and set it up to pull timing/add fuel as a safety feature.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 19y 6m 4d

Bit of feedback on the plug and play ECU. My experiences with my car BFMKII XR6T ZF

Firstly it works; plugs in, engine fires up and everything in the car works.

It seems to pump out a bit more voltage to standard OEM items. For example my interior lights are brighter and my premium sound is clearer and louder.

We have experienced an engine position error quite a few times which puts the motor into limp mode. Turns out the voltage is set a little too high for the intake cam sensor. We drop the voltage and the error goes away.  Haltech have been great with remote login and live road testing support. These are smart guys were dealing with here.

Traction control is off by default and we can't seem to work out why we are losing the on off functionality. Haltech have provided advice but we seem to be at a bit of a dead end here. Not a big problem, who wants TC on anyway. We think it may have to do with different tire profiles.

We have come across a fuel pressure sensor fault (Haltech) which may or may not be a mechanical problem. It is unlikely mechanical but won't be able to definitively confirm this for a few more weeks. But the ECU thinks fuel pressure is fluctuating 15 psi in either direction from its  base/target.

It's not a good base setting within the firmware, because you really want to be warned if pressure drops 15psi not so much rises 15 psi. They are aware of this and will be updating the firmware in the near future.

Some default transient throttle settings auto add timing advance which is not good. This needs to be updated as to avoid too much timing going into the engine when it's not commanded. Again Haltech are well aware of this. This default setting is based around a largely stock engine and is designed to make the motor punchy when you touch the throttle. But of course when you have a 600RWKW monster you must have 100% control of timing advance at all times.

Also some of the default settings need fine tweaking to avoid a perceived lean condition reading at the wideband O2 sensor. This is not a complicated situation but I have forgotten the finer details of why this occurred. Motor will go into engine protection mode and the problem is identified, and then changes are made. Engine is not running lean.

Changes made to the ECU are instantaneous to the engine and sensor read outs.

Live data on screen and data logging available, that can be set to only start when a certain condition is met. For example currently my data login starts only after 4000RPM.

All bull sh*t aside the Haltech is super powerful and an amazing tuning and troubleshooting tool.

One thing that really amazed me was the ease of comprehension the Haltech technical support guys had. No matter what we spoke to them about they were not fazed and immediately headed to the correct solution.

Boost by time is setup and will need some fine tuning on track - I may need a different convertor but for now we will try with a stock stall and see how we go.

Take this all on board with a pinch of salt - this is a public forum based on real world findings of one person!

• Like 5

• Member For: 19y 6m 4d
On 11/23/2018 at 9:51 PM, Ford Freak said:

guess someone had to be the guinea pig hahah

Dont see it that way at all. Was awesome working with Haltech and Dyno-Mite fine tuning my car.

Was good fun and a good result.

The out the box setup for one of these wont be the same for every car as they are all different.

Will always require a proper custom setup/tune as ever car and every setup is different.

After market ECU - what could you possibly expect.

Also at the work shop whilst I was there I saw 4 other turbo Falcons with plug and play Haltech ecus so hardley a first timmer.

that's one work shop in the whole of Australia with 4 plug and play cars in there at the same time. Haltech have sold heaps  considering how long its been out.

Haltech are all over this thing.

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d
1 minute ago, Typhoon said:

lock up seems fine.

Shiftting is a little off but my valve body has been modified so need to do a bit of refinement work with my trans shop to see where we are at.

What has been modified? 

• 5 months later...