Xr6 turbo conversion

Matthew26supa6

• Member For: 5y 10m 7d

Hi guys just blew up my n/a ba motor and instead of rebuilding it ive found a xr6 turbo motor out of a ba for $2,500 for everything. Including turbo cat all piping ect. Will there be any problems ill strike installing this motor or will it be plug and play. It also comes with the pcm (computer) ?? Cheers in andvance guys

• Member For: 8y 5m 21d

Happy to answer any questions.

Is your car a BA or BF? Make sure that the engine and ecu are out of the same model car as there is slight differences between the two.

Everything will bolt into yours, but will need to be taken to Ford to get the ecu mated with your cars abs and security modules.

Power steering cooler will need to be moved as it will be in the way of the intercooler, turbo models had it mounted at the top of the radiator not the bottom. Also you'll need a turbo model exhaust put on.

Put new XR6 turbo engine mounts on as non turbo one's are different and will break.

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 5m 21d

I would say ford would need to use their equipment to do that, they did on mine when we loaded a turbo tune on my ecu, the abs wouldn't communicate with my ecu. But that's my experience anyway.

• 1 year later...