Fz auto slipping when cold

Hirdy

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 28d
4 minutes ago, Hirdy said:

Looks like I’m in for fun times ahead 

Give It a decent whack on the face of the plug first. 

It's also good practice when trying to remove steel parts that are threaded into ally to tighten them slightly first then back them off. 

• Thanks 1

• Member For: 5y 11m

Damn yep that’s the one definitely, thanks for your help, maybe I’m better off going to a transmission place now and saying here flush and service this, wouldn’t hurt getting it done anyway as I have no idea when it was done last or at all, also car has 185000 kms

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Try what Ralph said and be sure not to damage it further. You may get it loose and a top up could help with the slipping.

It is entirely possible that it has never been serviced so some fresh oil and a pan wouldn't go astray.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 24d

Fluid is checked with engine running and the fluid at 40C. Should just dribble out.

Edited by arronm
  • Thanks 1

• Member For: 6y 1m 19d
Hey guys,
new member here and also a first time ford owner. I just purchased a 2007 bf xr6 turbo x NSW police car, love it to bits and I’ve only owned it for 2 weeks. One problem exists, the transmission slips when cold first thing in the morning. After the first drive it never has the problem again all day and it only slip when takING off from lights or slowing down around roundabouts. I have tried selection manual mode and it will not enter manual mode whilst it’s doing this????? Any ideas please help
Mine doesn’t change properly for first hundred meters after that it normal,I put it down to external aftermarket cooler (heat exchanger bypass)

• Member For: 6y 11m 19d

Yep they are designed to slip until they reach 30C for warm up, shouldn't happen after that though. I prefer the Gulf Western SYN-TS fluid as well feels a bit smoother than the Lifeguard.