Fz auto slipping when cold

Hirdy

• Member For: 5y 11m

Hey guys,

new member here and also a first time ford owner. I just purchased a 2007 bf xr6 turbo x NSW police car, love it to bits and I’ve only owned it for 2 weeks. One problem exists, the transmission slips when cold first thing in the morning. After the first drive it never has the problem again all day and it only slip when takING off from lights or slowing down around roundabouts. I have tried selection manual mode and it will not enter manual mode whilst it’s doing this????? Any ideas please help

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 22d

hmmm that doesn't sound so good man. Hopefully the issue is electrical so first thing is do you have access to an obd scan tool or know a mechanic with one? 

I think some of the supercheap/repco/etc stores have a scan tool if you drive down and ask them they'll come out and plug it in.

Without seeing the fault codes you could check for corroded battery terminals and maybe get your battery tested at repco/supercheap/etc.

How many ks has the car done? the box could be on it's way out, hopefully not though.

Edited by skidxr6t

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d
18 minutes ago, Hirdy said:

can someone post a pic of the location???

It's near the back of the trans on the drivers side.

This guy loves it. I didn't watch the whole clip but that's where the filler plug is!

• Member For: 5y 11m

Yep I thought so, I tried to undo that one first and had no luck, I had correct size hex key and a breaker bar and couldn’t budge it, it actually just stripped the inner hex 

Looks like I’m in for fun times ahead