BA ICC UNIT ISSUES NO FANS OR STEREO

_RobynKennedy

• Member For: 5y 11m 18d
BA ICC Unit issue, Stereo dropped out and aircon whilst driving and won't turn on or work when manually try to turn on ICC,blank screen and still no fan or aircon....
Things to check or anything suggested to rectify the problem?
icc1.jpg
The Fans are still working in my BA
But the Stereo isn't. I have looked at all the fuses. Did you try your fuses?

• Member For: 5y 11m 12d

Yeah I did they're 15A and all good, apparently reverse lamp fuse can be a problem as they are on the same circuit but both mine were okay worth checking your reverse lamp fuse I'd say?

I ended up banging it left hand side of the steering wheel where leather meets side of ICC and banged it a couple of times and it came through was so stoked hahaha.
Try that and if that doesn't work my friend told me the white plug behind ICC might be slightly unplugged or something might be worth a go? Careful with that dash triangle though man they break so easily go from right hand side top corner of it unclip that clip and then run hands along it and there's another clip on the left side otherwise you'll be in for a new one they break extremely easily not an overly complicated unit to remove but watch a youtube video on someone else doing it always helps me. Also heard can be related to ignition barrel issues which is a c**nt of a job, excuse my french!

On 5/12/2018 at 9:08 PM, k31th said:

do you get audio with the blank screen?

any action when you press the buttons?

No audio my friend and no reaction when I pressed any of the buttons mines come good for now must be an underlying issue though but my bush mechanic mate always said "if it's not broke don't fix it" so I think I'll follow his advice for now heard it can lead to car not running at all though scary stuff!

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

well, the BEM is in the ICC unit (at the top), which is the controller of the entire body electronics, so yeah, it needs to be connected to be working.

For now, make sure the IIC itself is completely pushed in as the connector is right at the middle/back area of the ICC itself.

• Member For: 5y 11m 18d
Yeah I did they're 15A and all good, apparently reverse lamp fuse can be a problem as they are on the same circuit but both mine were okay worth checking your reverse lamp fuse I'd say?

I ended up banging it left hand side of the steering wheel where leather meets side of ICC and banged it a couple of times and it came through was so stoked hahaha.
Try that and if that doesn't work my friend told me the white plug behind ICC might be slightly unplugged or something might be worth a go? Careful with that dash triangle though man they break so easily go from right hand side top corner of it unclip that clip and then run hands along it and there's another clip on the left side otherwise you'll be in for a new one they break extremely easily not an overly complicated unit to remove but watch a youtube video on someone else doing it always helps me. Also heard can be related to ignition barrel issues which is a c**nt of a job, excuse my french!
Thanks for these ideas mate, I will have a look those.

• Member For: 5y 11m 12d
13 minutes ago, k31th said:

well, the BEM is in the ICC unit (at the top), which is the controller of the entire body electronics, so yeah, it needs to be connected to be working.

For now, make sure the IIC itself is completely pushed in as the connector is right at the middle/back area of the ICC itself.

Yeah dude if you read my reply to carl.hollway ended up giving it a punch and she's good for now, Thankyou though for your help no doubt other people have had or will have this issue and this thread will be of help so cheers!

• 11 months later...
  • Member For: 4y 11m 20d

Have a 2003 ba ICC unit turned off while driving nothing working not first time but normally a couple of hits to the the left hand side of steering wheel works , so I pulled the ICC unit out to check dim plug put back in now car may or may not start when it does no rev counter, no temp gauge, some dash lights stay on after started fuel light, oil light , engine light , any ideas of what may be causing this?