Rentons bunky BA XR6T build

Renton

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 7d

I have a feeling our builds will be fairly similar! Lol

Your turbs looks sharp. Them wheels finish it off very nicely. I’ve been looking at the boot lip spoiler myself too.. but I might try painting the 2 posts that mounts the spoiler to boot in black first and see how that turns out.

Also did you do the wastegate port and flap yourself?

There was another question I wanted to ask but will have to re read your thread over again to remember 

• Member For: 6y 12d

Yep there's bound to be a few ppl with the same builds! Lucky for us most of the upgrades/combos are already tried and tested, and the info readily available on the forums. 

I bought my car as it was with all the mods in the first post. I think the previous owner bought that housing, not sure where from, already modded as I have the original exhaust housing here.

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 12d

Made a little more progress on the weekend. Was hoping to swap valve spring out. For the past few weeks I've been meaning to buy new valve stem seals. Thought I may as well change them when doing springs. Left till last minute again. Headed off to get them and a fitting for my compression tester. Long story short auto parts shop didn't have them. More phone calls and Ford have to get them from the east. Weren't as bad priced as I thought, but have found them cheaper at Intune Motorsport so ordering them.

So apart from finishing the valve spring tool I've made a rig to put the compressed air into the cylinder via spark plug hole. 

Will remove the pressure guage off my compression tester

czcYsfu.jpg?1

Remove the valve core from the one way valve

ztT2983.jpg?1

And bought an adapter so I can hook up my air line fitting

CJLqdQB.jpg?1

The spring tool

YjMuqdy.jpg?2

6ib5j2x.jpg?1

nQaOcjR.jpg?1

Reason for the nuts in stead of a threaded hole. It was a lot easier and more accurate than trying to drill and tap a hole on an angle, and need a milling machine for the hole.

yRtu0QW.jpg?1

R7xEC2j.jpg?1

MHg2jyG.jpg?1

ThGSUxE.jpg?1

NszJhok.jpg?1

WIXDaI3.jpg?1

cSLT5Kh.jpg?1

Pretty happy with how it turned out. Compresses the springs no problem. Bit of overkill for what it's doing, but I like making things, keeps me out of trouble! Will put it to work on the weekend and change out the valve springs.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...