Now xr6 turbo stop production, what. S the next car?

mike0819

• Member For: 10y 4m 25d

Having owned and tuned 3 xr6 turbo now, a ba bf and fg, now my car is pass 100k getting old, this bethe last year I keep my falcon before change to something else. 

Having actually test drives a few car, kia stinger, evo x, gtr35, and Audi s7. None of them impressed me that much, maybe because of my fg xr6 turbo is 320rkw tuned, other is stock, I did not find a huge difference in straight line acceleration, kia and evo have very bad lag compared to the fg. 

Gtr35 is an brilliant car, but only in manual mode, if u drive in auto the shift speed is terrible slow, at least in stock form. I must need a car with 4door big sedan and sunroof, so gtr is out of question. 

An Expensive Daewoo HSV gts might fit the options but not really a big fun of superchagers. 

Left my only choice with audi s7 ( a detuned version of the rs7), a simply tune and some pipe work make it 600hp easy. I think this be my next year upgrade. 

Any other suggestion would be helpful, after an 4 door big sedan, with good mod potential, not too expensive to maintain and fix, not really a big fun of m5 or c63, budget is under 100k including mod. Anyone has some experience with the audi twin turbo 4.0 v8? Seem like a decent engine to tune some power just like our xr6 turbo, plus dual clutch and awd, almost like an gtr sedan, but the s7 is heavy as hell, over 2 tone, this thing be a good dragster and highway cruiser than track day car. The maintenance cost surely definitely lot more than our xr6 turbo, I wish Ford still make the falcons. 

Seem like these days, big power comfy 4 door sedan, not much car factory manufacturing them anymore. 

Sad things is, when our falcon gets old, we all need to choose to let it go and move on, nothing last forever. Cheers guys, thanks for advice. 

• Member For: 6y 14d

Unless you you really want to try something different, do you really need to upgrade? If you like the falcon and nothing else is impressing just keep it and replace parts as needed when they wear out???

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 18d

Mod the hell out of what you have. Make it comfortable & fun, reliable for a longer time just freshening up things like suspension etc.   At least that's what I would do, it's cheaper for me to do that than buy something.

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 25d

buy a g stringer and get it tuned to your liking

hyundai i30N

they will be the future

and slowly watch the numbers of hsvs and xr's diminish