FG MkII Ute Booked in and aiming for 300-310

The Red Baron

• Member For: 20y 2m 4d

OP how did you go? DTM Autos in Geelong are more than ok to go to, in fact the only place I'd go to on that side + Aaron knows how to tune a Motecs and has some good 9 second xr6t's under his belt... I'm a Pitlane guy but they're like 150km away from Geelong.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 23d
On 02/05/2018 at 5:22 PM, The Red Baron said:

Thanks for all the advices fellas; going to go for just a tune at this stage, and save a few more pennies in order to do a big package early next year, and do it right from the start! thanks, 

On 03/05/2018 at 12:12 AM, arronm said:

His goal is 300

if a big package is 300kw ill eat my own hat mr engineer 

• Member For: 6y 8m 19d
On 22/05/2018 at 11:08 PM, FG50T said:

OP how did you go? DTM Autos in Geelong are more than ok to go to, in fact the only place I'd go to on that side + Aaron knows how to tune a Motecs and has some good 9 second xr6t's under his belt... I'm a Pitlane guy but they're like 150km away from Geelong.

Great thanks mate! Got to 252kw atw/700nM but was running outta fuel (99% dc), so Aaron backed it off with the end result being 242 (span 221 stock). He also tuned/sharpened the ZF. I found him really friendly, switched on and sensible so wouldn’t hesitate to go (will be!) going back.

planning to head back later in the year for injectors, pump, dump/cat and retune. I’m unsure about going for a bigger cooler as it’s my daily, amd only given a full throttle squirt for a coupe of seconds at a time here and there 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

Don't feel too bad about it.

Now that most of the tuning is done it'll be a quick job to scale the injectors and turn the boost up etc.

It is well known that you should do as much as possible before a tune so you don't pay for retuning.

Hey, we live and learn.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

It really depends how far you want to take it, how often you floor it and also how much you want to spend. 

While an upgrade will give you more consistent power from less heat soak, it isn't necessary at the 300 mark to actually make that power.

A stock cooler just won't be great in summer when you give it a bit half a dozen times in a row. It'll get too hot, the tune will pull boost out and you'll be going slower until it cools down again.

If you do upgrade then you'll more than likely get upgraded piping with the intercooler kit. Consider that before you buy a piping kit for the factory cooler so you don't spend twice.