Oil Catch Can Tips

BoostedG6E

• Member For: 5y 11m 27d

Hey All, So ive recently just bought my self a G6E turbo and am having issues with oil in the intake just before the throttle body I am yet to pull the rest of the piping of to have a look exactly how much oil is running through the piping. The current catch can has no breather and is running back to the turbo...is it really necessary to run the line back to the turbo? how are you guys running your catch cans?

Edited by BoostedG6E
  • Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d
  • Member For: 5y 11m 27d

I cant get a good photo of it, But its like they have just chucked some steel wool in it and that's it. Can I run both PCV And Breather to one catch can then vent it atmo or is better of still pluming back to intake ?

https://imgur.com/a/T6x2iH3

Edited by BoostedG6E
Add Photo

• Member For: 19y 6m 26d

You can run both to the one can and then vent it. You generally should increase your lines if this is the method used as no vacuum assist means the motor will only be able to exhaust as much as your lines can flow.

A full plumb back system will most likely need a check valve or two installed.

If you run both to one can and then plumb it to the turbo you will be ok if your running a blow off valve, otherwise a check valve would be a good idea at the vacume hose to turbo.

The setups for these cars are a little hit and miss. Dion Amato tells me the Barras not as bad for crank case pressures compared to RBs and 2JZ motors.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

You wouldn't run a custom breather setup to the pressure side of the turbo. You'd either dump it to atmosphere or run it to the intake pipe before the compressor.

• Like 1