Oil Catch Can Tips

BoostedG6E

• Member For: 5y 11m 27d
Run two full oil separators and dont vent anything, then no issue with the police. Had mine looked at a few times and no issues... 

Okay so just so I’m right, in your previous post about the catch can that you currently are using, I get two of them connect one to the rocker cover breather run it through the can to the intake before the turbo, then with the second can I run the pcv through the can back into the original port in the manifold?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Exactly, except with the PCV circuit you put a one way valve  between the manifold and the can so you dont pressurize the can under boost, but suck fume under cruise.

And upgrade the PCV to metal.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FORD-BA-BF-FG-FGX-FALCON-METAL-TYPE-PCV-VALVE-4-0-UPGRADE-FROM-PLASTIC/300881163583?epid=1329816847&hash=item460dea353f:g:L0kAAOSwInxXMTuh

12 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Pcv=positive crankcase ventilation.

Pcv valve is probably what you mean. 

If you delete your pcv then you are sealing your crankcase and that won't work at all.

Not really, you have two vents, one breather and one PCV, which vents under vacuum.  take out the PCV and you have two normal breathers.

Big power car... VERY high boost..

6Ekd3K9.jpg

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

Alright so from the pcv to the can then on the outline I run a one way valve to the manifold? Any recommendations for the one way valve what size valve will fit the pcv hose would you know? Thanks for the support really really appreciate it.

Those braided lines are nice, how exactly are they connected, Is there certain adapters that connect to the pcv circuit I can run some braided lines off?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d
11 minutes ago, arronm said:

Not really, you have two vents, one breather and one PCV, which vents under vacuum.  take out the PCV and you have two normal breathers.

You're right and yeah we're just arguing semantics really which is why I mentioned that it's pointless.

They're both just holes in the rocker cover at the end of the day.

The cars purpose and setup will dictate how the piping etc is run.

• Member For: 19y 6m 26d

Im suprised he didnt plumb in a big -12 set up just before the compressor housing inlet.

My understanding is a well set up 3 port will work better at WOT.

How much boost and power that beast making Aaron? Nizzy plenum too I see! 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Was a development nizpro plenum. That was 2012. In 2014 with a few more mods that engine went over 1000rwkw at 40psi. @ 7000rpm...

• Like 2

• Member For: 12y 2m 10d

Quite interested in this thread atm as I'm looking for a solution for mine before the 42 goes on. I was recently looking at the new Process West sepr8r cans they've developed.

They're a true scrubber with washable element and also have a pressure release valve and drain. Only issue for me is the fact they're -8 inlet/outlet only as well as only one inlet...

Either way, looks like a nicely developed kit that would definitely keep the fuzz happy!

9c83213cac1ed07364639d68cad13be3.jpga82b33ec919a38cd875f27b8739d48aa.jpg

• Member For: 6y 1m 18d
Exactly, except with the PCV circuit you put a one way valve  between the manifold and the can so you dont pressurize the can under boost, but suck fume under cruise.

And upgrade the PCV to metal.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FORD-BA-BF-FG-FGX-FALCON-METAL-TYPE-PCV-VALVE-4-0-UPGRADE-FROM-PLASTIC/300881163583?epid=1329816847&hash=item460dea353f:g:L0kAAOSwInxXMTuh

Big power car... VERY high boost..
6Ekd3K9.jpg
That’s awesome! Did you have that can fabricated or can they be bought?

The first can is perfect for the pcv, but the breather hose is much larger, is the third link more suitable for the breather circuit?