Water injection, Tmap

pumpngo

• Member For: 9y 3m 14d

I'm water injecting my xr6 and I'm concerned that the Tmap is in the manifold , and will have water mist going over it . Is it anything to be concerned about ?.

When injecting just water do you normally start with half the amount shown on water meth nozzle calculators ?.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I haven't done it myself, but upon a quick search of the forum, nobody mentions changing the TMAP sensor when they run water meth injection, so I'd imagine you should be alright. But if you want to be 100% sure, give your tuner a call as they'll be the one dealing with the problem if there is one :spoton:

Thanks , I've searched and found nothing as well, but thought maybe I'm just asking the wrong questions. I'll be tuning it myself.  That's why I asked the question,  also it's a homemade water system . I did find some comments on how un necessary water injection is, seems some people prefer to use e85 or rich mixtures or retarded timing in preference , but I just see all options as equally valid and personal preference.  Plus trial and personal error, rather than just going with watever is concidered as main stream. Not that I don't read lots about other peoples experiences. I actually like the idea of using a very old school method using piggybacked injectors switched on by a hobbs switch to inject e85 in a metered way. Main system normal 91 fuel and a tank of e85 with it's own pump running the piggy back injectors. Problem is in my area e85 is sold only one station, so I'm opting for water only system.

I went through a huge number of posts on the devils own site and they both recommend water before IAT and stated in another post, that the MAP should be fine , Although I found a Megasquirt forum, two people that claim to have problems getting water in their map and them playing up, one showing a picture of opened ecu with water droplets showing in clear tubing to MAP. I suppose if it's ok for devils own to recommend it,  it's good enough for me.

• 6 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 5d

Regarding my thread linked above.  I still run water meth everyday on the aquamist system and its never missed a beat in all these years even though I'm 22PSI at 500 HPAW everyday.  I did upgrade the system two years ago to put in larger jets in and I soldered a part of the motherboard to allow it to overclock the standard Max injection.  I had to do this when I upgraded my injectors and turbo, and I was maxing out the Meth system.   

• Like 1