Wont start after gauge install.....

nzti325

• Member For: 5y 11m 16d

Ok....2007 XR6 turbo running fine.  Sunny afternoon and I decide to install my new gauge pod.  The car had a factory clock so I used the switched 12v and the ground from it.  Ran two wires to the fuse box for the  always on 12v and the lights.  Plugged the 12v wire into the ACC relay and the lighting wire into the interior lights fuse.  Everything looked good until I tried to start the car. Nothing. Dash lights come on and I have a message on the lcd about a error code.  What I think is the immobiliser light is flashing.  Ive searched and have tried disconnecting the battery, leaving the key on for 45minutes and replacing the interior lights fuse (which was not blown).  My key fob does not work and the engine will not turn over.  I've had the car only 8 days and I'm new to fuel injection eec's and the like so I'm a little over my head.  HELP!

Edited by nzti325

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

the battery is flat. Do the lights turn on...

what gauge did you install

Edited by arronm

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

If you disconnect your added wiring from the fuses does everything come good?

What was the reason you wired to interior lights? Wouldn't you want the gauges to light up with headlights, not interior lights?

Not sure why you would need always on 12v by ACC wouldn't be the place to get that.

I'd check all fuses too - I've had a fuse blow before when working on something unrelated. Learner from that to always disconnect the battery!

• Member For: 5y 11m 16d

Nope..... Just pulled out the stock panel with the analog clock and spliced into the above mentioned cables.  

Can't find any blown fuses. 

Edited by nzti325

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

How electrically minded are you?? The 12v constant , ACC and earth can all come from the cell phone plug. The lights from the fog light switch.

You have shorted something and blown a fuse or fusible link under the bonnet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zpw2FJYCuMKbn_xpTbgBjodrt8VH5Qcb/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XCTCPCOy54Jfm-c-OqjW37XR5r5AJSdz/view?usp=sharing

Edited by arronm

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 5y 6m 13d

sorry to reply to old post but I'm having the exact same issue cut the clock wires.

Now wont start what fuse was blown (which fuse did you replace) as I'm checking the fuses none look blown, so if you could point me in the right direction.

that would be great