BF xr6t Internals

coffeenonguru

• Member For: 5y 11m 25d

Hey guys,
I'm new here to the forums so dont eat me alive for not knowing everything :P

I purchased about 9 months ago a BF XR6t with the ZF 6sp (Build date 07/2006), and found some information online regarding to an update Ford did to the bottom end of these engines during 2006 with earlier typhoon internals and valve springs? Can anyone confirm this and when it happened? Just wondering before I go too crazy with the modifications

Cheers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

What you read is correct.  Build dates of 06/2006 have the slightly stronger conrods and valve springs.

when you say "crazy", what do you specifically mean in terms of a goal power or track time? The upgrade that this build update entailed, is not something you can rely on to very high power, either.

• Like 1

Crazy is probably the wrong word, I'm referring to upgrading intercooler, exhaust and having a tune done it. I've picked up a new set of 60lb injectors already, so I just have to organise the other necessary bits and pieces before taking it to XFT or Monsta Torque eventually

Thanks for the reply btw. So many conflicting bits of information on the internet these days, hard to determine what's true

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

haha, no worries.

Those mods you're referring to will be totally fine with either of those tuners. Good luck :spoton:

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d
4 hours ago, coffeenonguru said:

XFT or Monsta Torque eventually

Thanks for the reply btw. So many conflicting bits of information on the internet these days, hard to determine what's true

my best advise, visit both places, work out a package and your goals with your car with them. then book your car in whoever you feel most comfortable with and not necessarily the cheapest.! get a plan of attack with your tuner, dont go into battle half arsed with random bolt ons, they hate it.

both great places cant go wrong.

• Like 2

I'll have a chat to both of them and then form a plan of attack - end goal for power is around the 350 rwkw mark, but have to get there in steps lol

@masda74 It's got a cat-back system on there at the moment, and was hoping to finish the exhaust (dump and hi-flow cat) and install the bigger injectors before having it tuned, but at the end of the day XFT and MT would probably know what's the most efficient and best way of doing this

Edited by coffeenonguru
forgot to add something

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

hope you dont plan on installing bigger injectors then driving it there? lel

id seriously talk them first before getting too carried away. poor man pays twice.