Ba xr6t going into limp mode

Dimi

• Member For: 6y 26d

Hey guys driving my xr6t and noticed lights on dash come on and freeze and transmission select is flashing d car goes into limp mode turn it off wait about 1 minute and go to go but happens a lot as in 1 once a day transmission feels good not slipping shifts good what could be the issue hopefully not transmission related:(

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 26d

Has the car been tuned. If so I am assuming you have an SCT3/SCT4. Plug that in to the obd port and read the codes.

This will tell you what is happening. If you don't have an SCT3/SCT4, then get an OBD port scanner to check for codes.

If you don't want to get a scanner, then take it to a tuner to check what is going on.

Good luck.

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 7y 2m 13d

Hey mate, probably fixed the issue by now but mine was doing the same, prior to going into LHM there was a hard shift from 2nd to 3rd the mechanic said it was a shift solenoid, then started going into LHM, thought it was the PCM but took it to a ex ford mechanic who charged about $400 fault finding confirming it was the PCM, my options were send it away for about a grand to get repaired I bought one from the wreckers - just had to make sure the part number was the same, I had to take it to ford though as the software version was different, they charged about $170 to sync it to the vehicle, that was 9 months ago been as good as gold since