HYUNDAI I30N......Wouldn’t say no.......

JETURBO

• 1 month later...
  • FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d

had a another look at one the other day at the dealer.

a few things stopped me from even remotely thinking of handing over 45-50k

boring as feck interior, bland seats, bland door cards, the interior looks like a mid spec regular i30, boring manual handbrake, dash is not digital, exterior not different enough from say a sr. wheels look a bit bob jane specials. not sure. I supposed im used to my xr with the option red interior which continues to the door cars. and then you have got the silver spears that break up the dash. even the dated elantra turbo that was there gets a option red interior haha.

wasnt able to drive this one as was in showroom so ill have to wait until a salesman gets one in. I hope the drive is better, and I love everything hyundai are doing atm, but for the coin the N is just not exciting enough. needs more boy racer. 

I just dont know. ill wait till a update with awd and auto. hopefully brings a freshen up. 

my2c.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 11d

renault megane rs looks like a better choice. my wife got a new gt line and it is sensational. the rs will add serious quickness to a great car. tech out the wazoo. interior mood lighting is ace. seats hug you like race buckets. I cant believe a turbo 7 speed auto 1.2L can move like it does with 130hp. the 270kw/ 440nm rs would be sensational.

https://www.motoring.com.au/renault-megane-2018-rs-280-111002/

• 7 months later...
  • FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d

yer they brought out an elantra turbo with current model, the shape definitely looks better than the i30. but new model is on the way but im not convinced about the front. an N version is on the cards I believe.

cautofoto2019-Hyundai-Elantra-Limited-fr

• Member For: 7y 6m 10d

wow that must either be a USA version or a recent update, which looks eh... the original Elantra SR looks great, for just a daily runabout wouldn't be bad either. 0-100 in low 7s with dsg, economical, heaps of tech, probably heaps cheaper to insure than the XR6t... makes a lot of sense to me