HYUNDAI I30N......Wouldn’t say no.......

JETURBO

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

well im onto my second hyundai for the wife and never had any issues, super reliable, good build, not rattles or noises, first was a 2010 i30 when they first hit the market, now a tucson. never thought id own hyundai. 

the stinger id consider but its fugly as poo

I got a good look at the i30N the other day love it. once an auto version is out maybe on the cards. :idunno:

• Member For: 14y 5m 14d

A few of us in the IT department have been watching a heap of Youtube videos lately and noticing a few more Stingers around Perth, plus there's the i30N review and the Stinger review John Cadogan did where he really likes them.

Then yesterday we were discussing this article, so it looks like there's a bit of a fire being lit by these newcomers.

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/fastest-ever-golf-gti-coming-this-year-118106.html?trackLink=SMH0?ffref=watoday

The German brand has revealed a series of sketches for a road-going TCR edition hatch based on the race-ready Golf GTI that competes in the popular World Touring Car Cup. Claiming the title as the fastest GTI in the line-up, it will be unveiled at Worthersee and launch later this year to topple its close rival the Hyundai i30 N.

The GTI TCR turns up the wick on the standard 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine to produce 213kW at 5000-6800rpm and 370Nm from 1600-4300rpm through a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and unique mechanical front locking differential.

Compared to other front-wheel drive hot hatches that's more than the i30 N’s 202kW/352Nm (with temporary 378Nm overboost) and the standard GTI’s 169kW/350Nm, but down on the Honda Civic Type R’s leading 229kW/400Nm.

The Golf GTI TCR will also be the fastest GTI on the road, reaching a Vmax of 264km/h and likely to hit a sub-6.0 second 0-100km/h sprint.

• Member For: 11y 1m 3d
well im onto my second hyundai for the wife and never had any issues, super reliable, good build, not rattles or noises, first was a 2010 i30 when they first hit the market, now a tucson. never thought id own hyundai. 

the stinger id consider but its fugly as poo

I got a good look at the i30N the other day love it. once an auto version is out maybe on the cards. :idunno:
Small engines with autos are terrible to drive
Plus you're losing so much of the driveability that is what this car is all about

• Member For: 13y 2m 17d

They are certainly alot better than they were 10 years ago with a 4 speed slushbox behind a n/a 2litr.

However (my 2c only of course) I would never-ever consider an automatic hot hatch. I feel it just completely contradicts the aura of what the car is about. Engaging connected drive, go kart handling, smashing through the gears etc etc

• Member For: 11y 1m 3d

^yeah exactly. I've driven an xr5 turbo and skoda Octavia rs.. they are made to be manual and great fun cars as manuals
When you're not chasing straight line speed but instead sweet cornering and an engaging drive I dont know why you would want anything other than a manual.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d

I actually really enjoyed it, yeah. I used to very much agree with respects to having a manual over an auto in smaller cars, but driving an auto Gti definitely changed my stance. If I'm punting around a race track or through the hills then a manual is great, but for dawdling through traffic about town I'd have an auto any day of the week these days.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d
On 10/05/2018 at 9:32 AM, Lennox said:

Small engines with autos are terrible to drive
Plus you're losing so much of the driveability that is what this car is all about

On 10/05/2018 at 1:00 PM, Lennox said:

Nah I haven't. Good? Every auto car with a little petrol engine I've driven I've hated. Not enough torque so they're always kicking down

you do realise the i30n is turbo yer?

you dont drop down a gear in a manual car ever?  :bangcomputer::bangcomputer:

your thinking of autos in old 4cyl cars from like 15 years ago. times have changed. 

for a daily drive in peak hour no faaaarking way am I ever going back to a manual.