Diff Seal

***VX*R8***

• Member For: 10y 5m 13d

Does anyone know if its "do-able" or does anyone have experience changing the LHS axle/driveshaft seal with the diff in place?

Car is an FG TURBO SEDAN.

I recently swapped the diff in my G6ET and I believe it's now leaking from the LHS seal. I'm hoping I can get away with not dropping the cradle ?

In hindsight I probably should've changed these as a precaution while the diff was out ?

Thanks in advance.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Yeh anything can be done with enough patience and some fancy tools as the stub axel seal is held in by that hefty carrier that’s screwed in 

would need to make up a finger male pattern attached to a good 1/2 inch extension bar but definitely doable 

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Easily done in place, you don't actually need anything fancy as the seal is presses into the bore on the carrier. 

I use a seal removal tool-

31q8HS6e6IL.jpg

And a seal driver

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyFX2VmgtXni_fIHnayFf

But if you are short on tools a screwdriver and an appropriate sized socket works well

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 16d
On 3/26/2018 at 7:45 PM, ***VX*R8*** said:

I recently swapped the diff in my G6ET and I believe it's now leaking from the LHS seal. I'm hoping I can get away with not dropping the cradle ?

Is yours leaking from where the driveshaft connects into the left side? Mine is leaking from that area from the right driveshaft. I ordered a new seal but a bit unsure how much needs to be removed to get to this. I'm assuming, the wheel, hub, brakes ect all comes off and then by the looks of it there is a bracket locking the driveshaft in place. After undoing that bracket the driveshaft should then be able to be unscrewed? 

• 1 year later...