Just bought a Typhoon

Aardvark74

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

Have you got it checked out yet. Could be blocked cat, stuck open wastegate. boost leak....

If you are close to me I could have a quick look. 

• Member For: 6y 30d

Nah the bearings were rooted in the turbo..Got a new one from Turbotech and she runs fine now..I will be getting her serviced soon though just to see if anything else needs doing asap.

Nah, Petroleum grey...just black and white pics

17 hours ago, arronm said:

Have you got it checked out yet. Could be blocked cat, stuck open wastegate. boost leak....

If you are close to me I could have a quick look. 

Yeah mate , Im in cloverdale....Love you to come around sometime and have a look...give me some advice...this is a real project (although slowly) for me over the next few years.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Are you sure, that's an FG colour. Whats the paint code... Is it M7 or GR. Petroleum is FG = PE

9 hours ago, Aardvark74 said:

Nah the bearings were rooted in the turbo..Got a new one from Turbotech and she runs fine now..I will be getting her serviced soon though just to see if anything else needs doing asap.

Did it die from lack of oil.  Was the oil line blocked. Did they remove the filter in the turbo line

If this wasn't checked your new turbo won't last a week. 

You need to call and ask some questions

Damn! You're scaring me lol. When I took it in, they said it was the core...and had noisy bearings.. they did a new oil fees pipe also and gasket manifold and gasket set...Bill told me to always make sure when I get it serviced to check the oil line, but he did say the job worked out great and it was all good...if that means anything..

Oh its Dark grey in Colour...It was advertised as petroleum grey, but Im damned if I know the paint codes...Its like a gunmetal metallic? Ill check the paint code

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Better ask turbo tech did they remove turbo filter or fit a new one. If not , you better get that sort immediately..

Colour will be M7 "mercury silver" most likely.. Do you have the log books..

Edited by arronm

Yep Mercury silver...haha "Petroleum grey" lol I like the colour though and the dark agents look good on it...gonna ring turbo tech right now...no log books..the car had done less than 300 km in 2 years...still has the service sticker for 2016 on the window...runs nice though

No, he didnt understand what I was asking.Their job is to replace the turbo and do the oil etc..the rest is up to me...told me to ring Monster torque