Just bought a Typhoon

Aardvark74

• Member For: 6y 4d

nah they didnt check the filter...said they just do the turbo that's it....shoulda taken it to monsta torque straight out...when I phoned they asked why I didnt...now im scared to drive the bloody thing

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

It may have already been removed. Is the turbo oil feed tube new?? You said they fitted one??  You need to get it checked out asap , surely they  they checked the oil output at the pipe end after fitting the turbo and before starting it up.

If you want you can bring it over to my house later today and I can check it if you like.

Sitting for 2 years , has the engine oil been changed.?

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 6y 4d

Yep that's mine

Yeah Im colourblind so they could have said it was pink lol...But I know what I like...Yellow would have been better or silhouette...but the M7 is nice too

15 hours ago, arronm said:

It may have already been removed. Is the turbo oil feed tube new?? You said they fitted one??  You need to get it checked out asap , surely they  they checked the oil output at the pipe end after fitting the turbo and before starting it up.

If you want you can bring it over to my house later today and I can check it if you like.

Sitting for 2 years , has the engine oil been changed.?

Mate I would love too! Im working arvos and I just got home....working 2pm-10.30pm all this week, next week Im on days (6am-2.30pm) I really do appreciate your help mate and yeah I agree you would think with a new or rebuilt turbo they would at least check if its gonna run ok....When I rang up he said ahhh all we do is turbos mate, the rest is up to you...Lol I mean how I <3 Bananasing ridiculous...so if the turbo sh*ts itself again, lets just keep putting turbos on her lol.  Yeah on the workshop statement it says Oil feed pipe and fitting oil both 180 bucks each...so yeah...Im thinking of getting up early and going to Xtreme ford just so they can check it out....They said that would be ok...dont have another car atm just the phoon...Traded in an 07 XR6

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Get XFT to check oil output at the turbo.  Also get them to plug in the flash tuner an see what's on it.  

See if they know the car or can see what mods it may have 

Let us know the outcome .

Edited by arronm