Getting rid of the dog (smell)

MrGPz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 4m 8d

So, the previous owner used to drive around with a dog in the cab.

I pulled the carpets out and replaced the underlay with wool underlay, and hand scrubbed the carpet, then pressure washed it.

Then put it all back. 

I have been looking for replacement seats and found some out of a Fairmont sedan.

So I sent them to the valet company for a professional clean. they came out great.

Then I pulled out the old XR6 leather (dog smelly) seats and dismantled the seat back, to get the frame out.

Did the same with the Fairmont seat back. basically put the XR6 seat frame into the Fairmont seat.

I had to remove the side airbags, as the ute frame doesn't support them, the seat foam is all from the Fairmont 

And, the XR6 drivers seat had the usual broken seat pan, the Fairmont one is good.

So, the Fairmont seats are more comfortable, but less sporty, and are cloth not leather.

I still have the ability to tilt the seat forward is per the normal ute function.

All in all the ute is now not smelling, and today, the roof lining is getting replaced.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 4m 8d

Yep, should have said, I am happy, only did the seats on Wednesday, the roof lining is not for the dog smell, just the oily finger marks, sagging and generally crap looking.

It was a bit of a dog when I bought it (excuse the pun) and am slowly making it user friendly.

Glenn

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

I would have passed on buying the car in the first place yuck!

I had my small dog in my front seat of the ute all the time, always on a dog blanket though. washed regularly.