xr5 turbo with low kms

lkross

• Member For: 6y 1m 2d

Hi guys, first post here so I'll try to keep it short and sweet

Looking at buying an xr5 turbo. The specific one I'm looking at is a 2010 white with blue stripes with no other added extras. It's got 25,000kms on it, and its currently got a price of $17,990 + on road costs at a Renault Dealer. Just a few q's

1. Is this a good price, should I be gunning to get this a bit cheaper?

2. It's been driven roughly 3000kms a year. This could be potentially bad for the engine if these are short trips right?

3. The tyres are what my dad calls "perished" and past their used by date, despite having good tread

4. One of the rims has a bit of a nasty scuff on it, and from our test drive, my dad seems to think that the CV joints are on their way out

5. There is also vibration through the steering wheel and at freeway speeds theres some sort of constant bumping like 10 per second (barely noticeable)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

seems like a reasonable price to me, assuming that those mechanical bits that your father can identify are fixed along with the purchase. As with any dealer price, you've always got a bit of wiggle room, so try to barter it down a bit anyway, imho :)

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Thanks k31th, only thing that's got me worried is the logbook is a bit sketchy, apparently because they werent driving the car often, for the last couple years all they did was change the oil. Hopefully it all turns out good though

Turns out his may be a no go, was bought in late 2010, had 15000km service in 2013 and hasnt been serviced since, apparently the oil has been changed by the owner but not too inclined to trust them :(