Stock ba xr6 turbo mods

Baden5

• Member For: 6y 17d

Hi guys am new to this site and new to the xr6 turbo. Have in the last week purchased a 2004 ba xr6 turbo with 115000 on the clock one owner I am very new to turbo cars and was after some info on how to gain more power on the stock motor without spending a great deal of money im not after major hp just want better than what it is. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Gday mate and welcome.

What is your budget? You'll find that most mods will require a tune to compliment them. With mods and tune in mind you'll spend a touch over a grand at the low end. To make the most of your motor with the weaker rods you'll want to spend about 3 or 4 grand to get it to the 300ish rwkw mark.

This is a commonly asked question and a bit of searching and reading will give you the answers and some idea of how to go about it.

• Member For: 6y 17d

Puffwagon thanks for the reply my budget is around the 2-3 grand mark. Have done a bit of research on the car but seems to be alot of mixed emotions on the matter someone says one thing then the next disagrees so its not much help when you dont have much experience with turbos cheers

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Maybe take a look through the 300rwkw thread and look for the common mods there. 

While there are some things that aren't as necessary as others, there are a couple of mandatory things such as injectors and a tune to get the most out of your car. 

@Box stock T. has a ba that has a good mix of necessary mods combined with others to give a more consistent output. 

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

look in the 300kw section been done to death, if you actually read through it the same proven mods combo will show pretty much in each one. 

if your new to turbo cars spend some time behind the wheel first before throwing power at it. being a BA you need to tread carefully with your mods.

end of the day choosing a reputable tuner is more important. 

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

As puff said I started with a BA 2005 one owner box stock manual T56.

My car has safely maxed out at

315 rwkw's. $8000 in mods later of course.

On this forum there are millions of different opinions and stories about these cars, there are some definite proven results as well as a few nightmares in amongst the many threads.

Do your fairshare of reading and you'll find what your looking for, and if your still stumped we're here to help.

Also welcome to this community of mad farkers.....:wild:

• Like 1

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

my lad had a ba mk 1- put injectors, cooler and dump with custom tune and made reliable 235kw at the wheels all day every day. doesnt sound like much but the reality is it would beat the stock VF clubby owned by the guy that tuned it....

Me? I have been mucking around with an auto BA mk 2 for 10 years- pretty much done everything except drop a stronger bottom end in (although its debatable whether its had a FPV transplant before I got it) and it will run mid 11's any day of the week.  

it doesnt come cheap though. 

remember- you play, you pay....

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

What scotty said is pretty bang on. ^^

First and foremost a set of heavy duty valve springs have to be installed to handle any increase in boost levels.

Even after tune only you will suffer from valve float. Xr6 turbo's have weak valve springs. No problems when left stock, as soon as boost is raised they struggle to keep the valves closed.