BA XR6 Turbo ute won't start

Diffwa

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Just remember that this isn't a solid diagnosis, it's just ideas getting thrown around. I'd still be inclined to double check everything first.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Member For: 2y 8m 27d

Hey Mate, I saw your post and I'm having the same problem of your car.

It's a Ford Falcon BA XR6 Turbo - 2004

The car run really smooth, but sometimes it's cut out and doesn't crank anymore. I have replaced a lot of parts and nothing... The last one, I replaced the starter motor, replace the battery ground, throttle body.

I hope you already find the problem of yours, could you give me a light? I already went in 4 mechanic shops different but no one found the problem.

NOTE: I noticed that when it cuts, the fuel pump and starter motor don't work. After a few minutes it starts working intermittently.

I'm very bad because I both this car 4 months ago and since I bough it I didn't use one day without this problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Edited by Filipe16
New informations

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Sounds like you might have a partial short on the emergency fuel/start reset switch located in the passenger front footwell closest to the door hinge area

Remove the plastic kick panel cover and on B series it’s located what seems like up near where the glove box hinge is 

On a FG series it’s an obvious pop out style reset button in pretty much the same location. 

This automatically opens cct when the vehicle has been in a front end impact but there’s a potential this button/cct could be partially shorting 

is a free look at and without more information an easy go to for you to look upon ;) 

• Member For: 2y 8m 27d

Hi JETURBO,

Many thanks for your help, I didn't quite understand what this switch would be, if it's not a big problem for you, could you send me a picture of where it is located? Thank you in advance for your help.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 20d

Come on mate, you just got a perfect description and free advice that could save you hundreds of dollars. Get in and have a look around the passenger footwell area. Take photos yourself and post those if you need further guidance

• Thanks 1