Can’t identify noise

joffa1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

If you do take it somewhere it should be pretty easy for them to find it. You've already kinda sussed out where it is and a shop can put it on a hoist for a better look.

Let us know how you get on with it anyway :)

• Member For: 6y 8m 16d

Actually just by pure accident I was degreasing and sprayed a little water down there to get it off and upon starting motor again noticed some bubbles coming up here (I guess that is the turbo to manifold connection - the one with the 4 bolts and exposed thread at the end).

So I’m thinking this must be the issue. Any advice on how to get to that front right bottom fastener - even if I can get a spanner in there there is zero room to swing it...

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Soindrift69/media/7FB94A7B-A3CC-4C29-B6D7-64F093FE79AA_zpsuptuxmpi.jpeg.html?filters[user]=147109463&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It's been a while since mine was stock (I can use a spanner on them all now) but I recall using a socket and various extensions with a woobly bit and going from underneath the car.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Puff is correct. You attack it from underneath with a short-ish socket extension bar and a wobble joint. It's tricky, but do-able. It's a 14mm nut. The one that's hardest to get to is the one that always comes loose over time.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep they love to come loose. I do them up tight af (tighter than they should be) and they seem to stay tight for a while.

You can use various types of locking washer as well. There are already threads about that on the forum that should come up with the search function.

• Member For: 6y 8m 16d

Ok thanks again Puffwagon. Are you in an FG? How often are you finding you have to tighten them? I can live with doing it every oil change (7500kms) but any more often than that and I may look to another fix. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Every oil change will be plenty often enough. He's in a BF, but the problem happens across all turbo 6 falcons.