Can’t identify noise

joffa1

• Member For: 6y 8m 16d

So big thread dig but surprise surprise my car sounds like a tractor again just like you guys said it would. So I’m thinking this time as it’s most likely the same problem I will have a go at doing it myself. Is this the problem part that cracks and these the problem bolts?

6D1390BA-4DA0-4A37-8D23-C8C49A94C30B.png

Yeah we went through all this last time it happened. If you read back it’s apparently related to cracked turbine housing so just trying to narrow down again where I’m looking exactly and what does and doesn’t have to be removed. 

Will do but I’m almost positive it’s exact same problem as last time. Thing is I had Casey Automotive make the repair last time so hoping to have a go at it myself this time and try and make sure it won’t happen again. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
1 hour ago, joffa1 said:

If you read back

I just did, fark I'm a helpful bastard! :dancing:

Stick a bit of vac line in your ear hole and find the noise like that. Better yet use a pair of chassis ears.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I’ve got it booked in at Casey Automotive again as doubtful I’ll have time to investigate myself. 

if indeed it is a cracked turbine housing as people have pointed to where do I source a replacement. Is there a better aftermarket option that hopefully won’t crack again?

appreciate the help.