Interior lights not working & dash saying “transmission not in park”

Amberpetho

• Member For: 6y 1m 9d

Hey guys just wondering if you could help with my fg my air vents were broken the other day and I fixed them via pulling out glove box and satin trim. 
 whilst putting the glove box back in I’ve obviously done damage. After messing around doing that, the interior roof lights aren’t working AT ALL glove box light,, also the car says “transmissions not in park” when you turn the key off. I’m at a lost cause, also am unsure of what fuse to check?

After some searching I found sound forum on a similar issue the last comment might have something to do with it https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4814363

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

The likelihood of you either not re-connecting an electrical connector or not seating an electrical connector all the way is likely. There's a couple of plugs you have to remove to get the glovebox out. Make sure they're all 100% re-connected.

• 1 year later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 27d

Transmission not in park...........

I have just experienced the same issue in my FG XR6 today.

But my issue stems from a different situation, long story short.

My family and I got soaked to the bone in bad rain a couple of days ago, the interior got pretty wet, I turned the heater on the following morning to max for 30 mins or so with the windows open an inch to dry it out.

Today I went to drive it, and it cut straight out and was immobilised, I disconnected battery and got it to reset and start.

Then I got a new message on dash "blown indicator globe", and had no gauges?

I drove it with heater on max to dry any moisture, then the gauges began to work.

But then a new problem arose 

Now the indicators only flash on the right side, even if left is selected.. But ONLY while the engine is running, it works normally with key on eng off?

And the dash is reading that same message that seems to be haunting everyone with electrical issues in an FG??

TRANSMISSION NOT IN PARK 

Does anyone know what the common link is that is shared by us?

I'm thinking along the lines of bad earth, but haven't been able to test this theory yet. 

• Member For: 4y 6m 27d

Thanks mate and thanks for the reply   reset my BCM and fixed all issue's need a new one if problem happens again cheers rob.

19 hours ago, ken666 said:

Transmission not in park...........

I have just experienced the same issue in my FG XR6 today...

G'day mate had my BMC reset today and all issue's  fixed if it happens again will need replacing hope this helps you cheers rob. 

Edited by Robbie1981

• 8 months later...