Ef Xr6 500kw 10sec manual sh*tter

eff xr6t

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

I'd say abit if cost cutting and also to reduce the rotating weight to make the motor smoother. They are well over engineered for a standard car so they wouldn't have seen the need to bolt big heavy rods in there when the motor was only built to make like 140kw. Only became an issue when they bolted a turbo to the Barra with the same rods and realised they were sh*t haha.

Yeh go for it man would be cool to check it out. It isn't a grey mq shorty is it? If it is the same one I've seen it from the forums years ago he put a th400 in it from the manual then hated the way it drove so sold it haha. Was a lot of custom alloy fab work done on it.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Grey GQ, may be the same 

Haha can imagine

Apparently it's been engineered with the motor and gearbox...but not the turbo lolol

Imo a smaller turbo would make more sense anyway, 45 seems a total waste for something that'll be a daily/camping rig

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Grey GQ, may be the same 

Haha can imagine

Apparently it's been engineered with the motor and gearbox...but not the turbo lolol

Imo a smaller turbo would make more sense anyway, 45 seems a total waste for something that'll be a daily/camping rig

Stock motor plus 40psi what could go wrong haha. But I am looking to upgrade to a 42-45 on this just garret and precision prices have gone through the roof lately so it's something that has to wait untill I get my Xt fairmont painted and can street it.

• 1 month later...

Went racing the other week while home to try beat my 10.94 pass before season closes for winter. Got 3 half track passes before it broke an axle again. 804d433a0415aa9fae5a2f826c22f8cc.jpg

Contributing factors would have been the extra boost since last time it's now got 27psi in it but the axles must have been a weak set as they are the worse condition pair I've seen for such a small amount of time they have been in there.

Since last time racing I've built a set of semi solid engine mounts as the motor moved too much with stock mounts and kept causing me to miss gears if I didn't grandma shift it. Much better now I'm able to throw it properly hard and haven't missed any shifts even with it still running a standard Ford shifter and a horrible bent linkage to fit under the standard falcon centre console. I'm confident the physical engagement of the syncros are the only thing slowing down shifts now, so I'm looking into finding a second t56 so that I can get the gears faceplated and turn on flat shifting so don't have the delay of it coming back on boost each gear change.

c0ab2212ca54594d616116daef6e7a26.jpg

Had aimed to get a pass lower then 10.5@138+mph in it before I pulled the standard motor out but don't think I'll get a chance to race again with this setup as I need most of it to start fabricating exhaust and intercooler pipes in my 68 xt. Had the potential to run the times but due to work I haven't been able to make any race nights for most of the season which is unfortunate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeh currently have a 9inch with 35spline axles, strange centre full spool all the good sh*t half built but was on the hunt for some bigger wheels for the street before I make the length to suit them. Finding wheels with the right offset to fit these is allmost impossible. Front needs a 18x9.5 +10 or less and rear like 18x10.5-11 in a 0-+10 offset which without going custom works at like 3k I can't currently find any other suitable options. Think I'll just bite the bullet and make it standard length for now and if I have to change it later then so be it.

Planning on using the gearbox along with my old setup and putting it in another shell I have sitting on the farm so I can go drifting over winter while I cage and paint this chassis but can see myself having more fun drifting and pushing this into the back corner of the shed for a while and come back to it later.

• Like 1