Territory Turbo Mods, KW & Quarter Times

NZTT

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Correct FG F6 engine has the price point difference to cater for the “Mahle” semi forged pistons and no other differences 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Probably not a bad assumption to maintain a process of hardening the top portion to give it a “top crust” almost 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d
1 hour ago, Draino said:

Noob question: How do you semi forge something? Im guessing its gravity cast into a cylinder and bashed inton its final shape?

Both pistons are gravity cast.   F6 has no forging.   Just a thicker section in areas and a reduced compression.   The pin and piston pin region is also different but that is only due to the difference in design of the piston. 

Edited by arronm
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 5y 8m 9d

Hi everyone. As promised on my last post dated 06-03-19 heres the results after switching to E85. Torque 1257NM@3781 Power 502.0KW@5758. We saw 505kw but backed it off a bit because the engine is stock standard with the exception of valve springs and head studs. At the Geelong Revival last month my best time was a 10.3. If anyone is interested I will be at the ALL FORD DAY with my GPC Territory if you would like to have a chat. Cheers.

• Like 3

• Member For: 5y 8m 9d

I along with my 17 year-old daughter have triedfor over 30 minutes to post a photo of the dyno sheet to no avail. (I'm a baby boomer and still learning how to do this social media stuff) However for those of you that are interested my daughter has set up an Instagram account for me so you can follow the progress of my GPC Territory. 

nick_captain_slow 

I failed to mention that the All Ford Day is on Sunday 16th February at the Sutcliffe Reserve Corio (Geelong) See you there.

Edited by Nick Captain Slow

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

haha the instructions to post images to this forum are located here (even you'll be able to follow them, let alone your daughter) -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92470-how-to-put-images-in-your-post/

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Also keen to see some graphs for your rocketship @Nick Captain Slow. Particularly interested about how you've got the torque level so high on all of your various mods/tunes.

You must have plenty of boost and timing thrown in early into your TT.