Territory Turbo Mods, KW & Quarter Times

NZTT

• Member For: 5y 7m 20d
14 hours ago, NZTT said:

How are you guys finding your ZFs hold up? My original box got fried soon after I got a tune up to 335kw and wouldn’t change out of 3rd under load, just replaced with wrecker stock box but that doesn’t seem too happy even at my 290kw tune. Iv heard a good tune helps but nobody seems to tune ZF boxes here in NZ and lowest price iv been quoted here for a built box is $7k even without going billet input shaft. 

So far so good. Mind you my car has only done just over 70000ks. When it goes in for the fuel swap im also installing a SDE high stall with a ford ranger input shaft. 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 26d
On 09/03/2019 at 9:36 AM, NZTT said:

How are you guys finding your ZFs hold up? My original box got fried soon after I got a tune up to 335kw and wouldn’t change out of 3rd under load, just replaced with wrecker stock box but that doesn’t seem too happy even at my 290kw tune. Iv heard a good tune helps but nobody seems to tune ZF boxes here in NZ and lowest price iv been quoted here for a built box is $7k even without going billet input shaft. 

who quoted that mate

• Member For: 5y 1m 13d

Hi fellas. I'm in Adelaide and I've had my 07 Turbo awd for just over a month and looking at one of these SS Growler intakes. Are they worth buying? Has anyone ever run a before and after on a dyno? Will be looking into a bit of a tune up soon.

Edited by Deveous

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Not for $600.

A better bet would be the plazmaman intake. It'll give colder air, less restriction and a much shorter path to the turbo. 

The downside is it's much more of a pita to fit. 

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Honestly a modified stock Airbox will support a fair amount of power and your money is better spent on a full custom tune with the exhaust “De bung” :) 

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 1m 13d

Cheers guys. De bung was the first thing I did after I passed through Regency for the vin check. So is it just a simple opening of the stock airbox inlet you recommend? Can you send me some details of the tune I've read about that you offer please Jeturbo 😎

• Member For: 5y 7m 20d

Hi Deveous. I agree with Puffwagon and Jeturbo. Either modify your airbox and use a highflow filter or if you like the look of the SS Inductions Growler cai use that along with de-bunging your exhaust, bigger injectors and a custom engine and trans tune. This is the biggest bang for your buck that you'll get. After that each kilowatt will cost you more and more. If you look at my first post I failed to mention that the first run on the rollers was with the SS Inductions cai (188.6kw/489nm) Then after the other mods 240.8kw/706nm. Happy modding.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 4y 11m 1d

I have a F6X and I am starting to play with it now bung has already been removed first mods I am doing is plazaman front mount inter cooler kit with front air box kit and blow off valve upgrade, valve springs, and 1000cc injectors. Is there something else I should be looking at doing not looking for a race car just something with a bit more power.

thanks in advance 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

If you aren't looking for a race car, leave the intercooler stock and get an under the battery intake instead. Maybe an airbox mod would be all you need for that power level?

With your planned mods and what I said above, swap out the cat and wg actuator and that will be all you need for an extra 100 kw at the wheels over stock.

• 3 months later...