Territory Turbo Mods, KW & Quarter Times

NZTT

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

What state you in

You don't need fuel pump and can save money with cheaper injectors. 

Definitely get the gearbox tuned. 

I got 750cc injectors. Typhoon air box.  Debung and a tune for ecu  and gearbox. Runs 12 psi now. Car drives great. 

Start there and mod  more later if you need. You will be surprised how hard it will go

Obviously an intercooler would be good but but not really needed unless you gas it up all the time.

Puff it correct.  Don't buy any parts yet.  Talk to tuner and he will give you options

Edited by arronm

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d

Assuming you're running a RWD?  I've always wondered what if any mods the driveline on an AWD would need.   Even running mid 300's at the wheels though should be ok for the standard AWD drive I would guess

• Member For: 6y 1m 25d

Update on my Territory, ran a 13.3 last night on the quarter with me braking before the line cos was going to break out running DYO, so should have a 13.1 in it. Stock cooler was really battling so next step is a front mount, battery side intake & valvesprings to hopefully get down towards mid 12s.

Id definitely recommend going bigger than 40lb on injectors as not a massive price diff and allows for future mods.

Driveline wise, at about 300kwaw my ZF is starting to flare a bit (although it has done 180k) so I won’t feel too comfortable pushing it much more, no wheel spin of course being 4WD so launches are pretty hard. Il probably stick with early 300kws and hopefully consistent mid/high 12s to save having to drop big money on a built box. Apparently the input shafts are often first to go in the ZFs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
10 minutes ago, NZTT said:

Id definitely recommend going bigger than 40lb on injectors as not a massive price diff and allows for future mods.

42lb injectors cost about $150 or so whereas it's $600-$800 for 1000cc injectors. I'd say that's a massive price difference. The good thing about 42lb'ers is they automatically limit you to a power range that means your driveline is likely to surivve them being on a high (but sill safe) duty cycle (maxed out)

• Member For: 6y 1m 25d

Ok, guess I’m thinking New Zealand prices then because over here you are still looking $400+ for a decent 42lb set so stepping up to 60 or 80 isn’t much more. 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
1 hour ago, NZTT said:

no wheel spin of course being 4WD so launches are pretty hard.

that's strange , if I plant my foot in my territory it just breaks into wheel spin, front and back.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d
2 hours ago, NZTT said:

Update on my Territory, ran a 13.3 last night on the quarter with me braking before the line cos was going to break out running DYO, so should have a 13.1 in it. Stock cooler was really battling so next step is a front mount, battery side intake & valvesprings to hopefully get down towards mid 12s.

Saw your car there last night mate, Impressive stuff. Interesting about only netting 290kw on E85, I guess the AWD sucks up abit of power?