Territory Turbo Mods, KW & Quarter Times

NZTT

• Member For: 6y 1m 26d

Been a while since there has been much action in the Territory section here but I found it really useful with planning the mods on mine, so thought I’d fire something up again to see if people are still out there modding them. 

Thought it could be a list of Mods, dyno figures & quarter times if you have them. I’ll kick it off.

Mamba GTX3584R Turbo 

80lb Siemens injectors

Walbro in tank 450lph fuel pump

Still running stock Intercooler (didn’t have $$$ to upgrade but next on list)

Custom Intercooler water spray set-up using redirected window washers 

Running E85 (have a Gull E85 pump 2 mins from my house so easily managed and thought better to run cooler until Intercooler replaced then I’ll do 98 tune too)

Dyno tune at Torque Performance in Auckland

290kw at the wheels running 12psi 

Havnt been down the quarter in it yet but did a low 14 dead stock so hoping it might sneak into 12s even with stock Intercooler still holding it back. Will head to track next Friday. 

• Like 2

• Member For: 6y 1m 26d

Yep, debunged exhaust and running K&N filter with modded stock airbox. Tuner said rear muffler was buggered though which may have lost a few kW but was seeing a bit of valve float at higher boost + high intake temps with top mount so left it at a safe tune for now. Will do valve springs and Intercooler and push it harder but goes pretty hard for a 7 seat family wagon!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 6y 26d

I just got a 2008 with 188000km on it and went to ask the local tuner about mods.

They said $3700 for -

Debung, air filter, 1000 injectors, tuner box and hi flow cat.

It seemed a little pricey to me?

What do you guys think? Will I also need valve springs and a fuel pump or anything else?

Ps: It needed front diff bushes done ($600 fitted) and a new drivers seat belt ($250 from ford) to pass rego.

Edited by Craigoss

• Member For: 6y 26d

I had a login for this site in 2004 when I had a turbo Ute but don’t have that email address anymore.

Totaly stock as far as I can tell. 

I’d just like it to be different. Nothing insane that will break drivelines or break the bank. 

Just want to satisfy my rebel urges knowing that it’s not stock lol.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

if you PM me the details (e.g. username and matching email) of your old account, I can set that up again for you with the email address on this account.

1000cc injectors are definitely overkill. Get some cheap 42lb'ers that are tested for flow to be close enough.

Valve springs are hit and miss, so if you need them, you'll know about it at the time of tuning. So you can go without them for now, but you might "need" them later.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

There is no reason not to get 1000cc injectors.

They are only $600 and will more or less future proof your build. 

What you don't want to do is to buy injectors twice cos you decide to turn the boost up or run e85 one day. 

• Haha 1