Problem solving

TheChad90

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 2m 15d

Hey lads

So got some issues and in need of some help solving them???

The story goes for the past couple of months my air con has been very temperamental, the first time it didn't work I took it to an air con shop and he just disconnected the positive from the battery and bam it started working again. So that was a band-aid that helped me through for a while but it has been doing it more and more and pretty much every time now I have no working air con. I also at the time took it to battery world and ol mate said my battery is fine.

Along with this my central locking has been temperamental sometimes working sometimes not as in it activates the alarm system but doesn't lock the doors.

Next, lately when I turn it on it takes a bit to tick over and start, then yesterday it wouldn't start but then when I put the clutch in its started (that has never done that before).

Now after the clutch incident I took her for a drive and shes gone into full limp mode. It drives but just barely any boost.

There are no codes which I've checked with my xcal4. I've disconnected and reconnected the battery. I called an auto electrician and he didnt want a bar of it as its modified and said to talk to my tuner. 

Help a brother out????

cheers

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

I'm going with the battery - despite what ol mate said - new, higher CCA is the usual solution to the 1st two symptoms.

Try the battery disconnect again overnight to see if it resets the limp mode

Flash back to stock then flash the tune back in again and see if that works.

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

WHS ^^^^
Gotta keep my ute on a charger as it doesn't get driven often. If I don't hook it up the ac and central locking plays up aswell as struggling to start.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Just tried disconnecting the battery and flashed back to stock and returned to tune but still in limp mode. 

I'll get a new battery will a higher CCA tomorrow like you said and see how that goes. Fingers crossed its only the battery! 

cheers guys

• Donating Members

Yea I got a new battery, that fixed my air con problem as the old battery was only at 50% CCA but nothing else. After I drove away it was still in limp mode with no codes I called battery world and told him and he said he had a similar case to mine the other week with a merc and apparently they found that there was an OBD sensor fuse blown and that fixed it.

However more strange things are happening, my interior lights don't turn on anymore, my ute turns on now without depressing the clutch, I had headlight faults pop up, and my XCAL4 doesn't even turn on when I plug it in. 

With regards to the limp mode, that just stopped this morning but when it hits boost at 16psi I have this hissing sound like it's venting to atmospher on the turbo side and then it drops to 4psi then climbs again then drops, I've checked all my piping and nothing is loose or out of place. My guess is it may be a boost leak????

Edited by TheChad90

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Do you have a battery relocation kit ? 

Locate the negative to a better location and make sure it’s a good clean point with no paint etc etc 

see what happens ....

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Yea I have the plazmaman relo kit and have sandpapered clean the negative point also sprayed all the points with anti corrosion spay. When I got the new battery I also bought a new negative terminal clamp as the plazmaman one was too large and was loose.

• Donating Members

Update - 

Tuner not registering, interior lights not turning on, and headlamp fault code fixed. It was an OBD sensor fuse blown, easy fix.

Large boost leak still working through.