2018 Tassie Cruise - 08/03-13/03 (All states)

Rab

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d

used to hear them in my sleep to after setting them off when they install them into air con ducts, then when we do maintenance on them dust blows down the ducts. hehehe

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Bye Tasmania for now:

a50C57l.jpg

And home to Melbourne as we are about to disembark the ship. Was a great trip. Will add more later.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 22d

So what a long weekend - OMG I kid you not - I had to keep the air-con on just to dry away the sweat from my palms for fear of steering wheel slipping through my hands (mind you it was 31 deg C on the West Coast of Tassie at one time).  After I got off the Spirit of Tassie had to rush straight in to work as had a customer engagement all day so only now putting fingers to keyboard.

I'd like to thank @Rab, @k31th and @YLD127 for making it a fun filled long weekend, great mates, spirited cars, phenomenal roads and rare blue sky balmy weather in Tassie :thumbsup:  This time we a good number of new roads we hadn't done on the East Coast and some faithful challenging West Coast twisties that we loved so much in Nov last year we had to do again.  Tassie really turned on the weather for us - made for some awe inspiring scenery we'd not seen before due to overcast clouds and rain previously - like mountain ranges just rising up as you come over the hill and lake vistas that reminded much of South Island New Zealand and Swiss Interlaken.

Gotta hand it to YLD127 for letting us stay at his place on the East Coast - farrk me was that holiday shack an awesome sleeper - if he told us earlier it has such panoramic views of Freycinet and Marie Island and its OWN private beach I would have suggested farrk stayin in Hobart and let's just base ourselves out of YLD's shack :nod: 

Thanks k31th for showing us the way - even with the myriad of let's say roads that did not stay sealed (well one of 'em was my doin :nono: ).  And Rab plying us with beers even when we knew we should not have had a coldie (like after comin back from the Wine Glass Bay Lookout 1 hr walk quite frankly totally dehydrated and then drank something to make us even more dehydrated but farrk at least it was cold ... :roflmbo: Well YLD - he supplied us shelter and used his local intuition for consistent picks for us to partake in Tassie home grown dining.

All up for me 2105 km over the 4 days and on this trip there was reasonable number of locations for 98 RON (though not for Strathgordon - we had to come almost all the way back to New Norfolk for fuel but that was expected).  I have not worked out the total vid footage yet but as a guide day 1 was about 149GB just from me alone.   I'll try to post up some more pics soon.  

:beerchug:

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
3 minutes ago, EvilDaifu said:

well one of 'em was my doin

I had a look at this road on Google Earth when I got home... there's a 5.2km stretch of unsealed and the rest of the 45km stretch is sealed and looks epic... Might be worth trekking it from the other side then doing a u-ey to repeat or braving the 5km reasonably slowly and separated to save on time.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 2d

Absolutely brilliant long weekend.

Am jealous of @YLD127 taking the extra day - hopefully the trip back over on the boat is a good one.

Definitely the highlight of my year so far, already thinking about the next one ;)

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 7y 9m 6d

Just pulled in the driveway at home. What a epic drive. I finished with 3745 KLM and 9.7 lph.

Totally agree - the best trip so far. The XR6 Turbo is the one of the best touring cars around. Very happy with it's performance. Thanks guys. Can't wait for the next one.

• Like 3