2018 Tassie Cruise - 08/03-13/03 (All states)

Rab

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Anyone got any "wish list" or recommended activity/sight/pub/attraction/brewery/restaurant/museum/road/convict/hairdresser/cousinuncledaddy we should make sure we get to while over there?

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 22d

Seafood somewhere in Hobart. 

Lark whisky Distillery in Hobart. 

Cascade Brewery in Hobart. 

Boags Brewery in Launceston. 

Hold on - sounds a bit like a pub crawl :omg:

Would actually like to set foot inside Cradle Mountain / Lake St Clair National Park one day when I'm over there instead of seeing it from a distance :roflmbo:

I'm about to book ship and Strahan/Hobart accommodation - will let you know what I've booked.  Better get crackin on that - did a trial booking with YLD and got a real shock when could not book a 4 cabin berth cabin until I realised I chosen the wrong date to depart :bangcomputer:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Have just made my ship and accomodation bookings :bliss: 

Spirit of Tassie - Melbourne to Devonport return - 4 berth inside cabin and 1 car for $820 return.

Depart Melbourne Thu 8 Mar 7:30pm (night sailing)

Depart Devonport Mon 12 Mar 7:30pm (night sailing) 

I think at this stage - YLD127 and myself are bunking together in the 4 berth cabin.  Have room for 2 others but word of warning - apparently I snore like a bulldozer.  For those bunking in a cabin - I think you can just purchase a $0 recliner and stay in the cabin - on previous trips there was linen and towels for 4 people per 4 berth cabin.

Fri 9 Mar - Strahan

Strahan Village (in centre of town)

$125 per night (with free cancellation until 6 Mar)

Sat 10 Mar - Hobart

St Ive's Motel Apartment (500m from Salamanca Place)

$176 per night (with free cancellation until 7 Mar)

BUT I just noticed it was all booked out :omg: so get onto it guys.

My other suggestion for Hobart was Portsea Place (closer in 250m from Salamanca Place but little old school)

$180 per night and unfortunately no cancellation period (which is why I didn't go for it).

Could also try that old favourite nugget - The Welcome Stranger (k31th stayed there last year).

$119 but only 1 room left ...

Sun 11 Mar - east coast with place organised by YLD127 (thanks mate :thumbsup: )

Just bring sleeping bag and own towels.

Get crackin guys - I can see it becoming more challenging to get accomodation in Hobart for that long Labour Day Weekend as time goes by :beerchug:

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 7y 9m 6d

All good. My leave is approved and have booked the boat. I'm also going to stay an extra day.

I will depart Melbourne Thu 8 Mar 7:30pm and will now return from Devonport on Tue 13 Mar 7:30pm (night sailing).

• Like 2

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Good one YLD :thumbsup: 

Been looking at what we could do on Day 3 and Day 4.

Day 3 I'm thinking Freycinet and Wine Glass Bay for a walk to the peak?

Day 4 take it a bit easy and fit in wet whilstle stop (no tour - its a bit exxy for what it is in my opinion)  Boags Brewery Launceston before heading for the boat?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Sup doods?!

Here is a website that shows you where various marine vessels are. I'm not sure how long this particular link will be valid but it is showing where the Spirit of Tasmania is. You just click on "Show on live map" and you can see where it is. Cool huh?!

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

If anyone is thinking of coming along but not sure - please feel free to PM Rab or I.  Can help answer any questions you may have.  

Also guys - need to get a move on in particular with booking ship and accomodation more so for this cruise as its the VIC Labour Day long weekend and Tassie is a popular holiday desty :thumbsup: