Brake pad and rotor suggestions

TheChad90

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d
5 hours ago, arronm said:

QFM 8000 are the best pads I  have ever used cold and at the track but can spew bonding material out once hot down the side of your car 

The pmu 400’s perform the same as standard OE pads cold and when you beat them hard they overheat and fade but again much better high temperature handling than standard but they’re not track pads so don’t think they are 

But for folks that drive normal and occasionally hit a few late entry corners they are probably fine 

Just check the coefficient of friction of each.  That tells the story. 

You can finally have brake pads that perform to a street level and make FA dust 

FTFY 

you're about the only person I know who either drives his car WOT everywhere or 100% on the ABS ..... seems a bit hard to believe you can’t appreciate a good street arrangement in any case

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

I agree they are low dust

But the 8000 pads will out perform the 400 even when cold.   And when hot they are exceptional 

Just dusty.  I don't settle.  I am get the best for the job 

And I don't drive WOT 100%  just probably more than others 

• Haha 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

what you mean I cant have great performing pads that have no dust, great cold bite, stop on a dime, use at the track, no noise, no squeal, last forever, cheap and wont chew my rotors!

bs these pads do exist.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 9m 23d

I have the DBA t3 4000 rotors and the Project Mu HC800 pads on my G6ET, braking performance is great and I am super happy with it, however brake dust on the HC800s is quite bad, I have head the PMu NS400 pad have way less dust but don't quite perform as well.

if I clean my car and wheels on the weekend by the next weekend the wheels are visually covered with dust. I think I will try the NS400 next time, but I wouldnt use another other brand than the Project Mu stuff have always used there pads. and as for the rotors the DBA T3 4000 cant be beaten for value.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

DBA T3 and PMU 400 pads are currently on my car. I rate them highly because of the low amount of brake dust.

They don't bite as much at the Bendix ultimates do, but hell the amount of brake dust from the ultimates were rediculous.

I have the 19" Lux rims and by the time 2 weeks had gone by after a car wash, the rims looked like the 50th anniversary rims. Yeah the dark grey ones.

Never again will I go with the ultimates. I rather stick with the PMU 400.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
1 hour ago, masda74 said:

They don't bite as much at the Bendix ultimates do, but hell the amount of brake dust from the ultimates were rediculous.

It's the bite I missed and returned to the Ultimates for.

One set had a squeal occasionaly at slow breaking speeds.

Went PMU's, the initial bite wasn't there.

Brake dust doesn't worry me - means the pads are doing their job lol.

Have had the PMU's smoking like fark after hard hill runs - was looking for flames, ultimates not so much.

Can't speak on rotor wear, not sure which eats them harder.

Think I've used both at the track - neither left me wanting, but was definitely there for fun, not on any race car driver honest limits

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

I here alot of talk about ultimates and PMU 400 -800's but nothing about Bendix SRT's. I ran a set on my BF typhoon and found them a little bit dusty but a pretty good street pad when they were warmed up. Never did track the car, but definitely push it hard enough on the street to get a good feel from them. They did chew up the 355 rotors but that's what ya get from above standard pads. My2c's