Brake pad and rotor suggestions

TheChad90

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 2m 15d

Hey lads

Happy new year soon! But car parts is life lol.

So I am in dire need for new rear rotors and brake pads all round as I'm getting heavy shudder, I took it into a mechanic who put front dba t3 rotors on and new crap repco brake pads all round and have been back 4 times to try and figure out why the shudder. I got the rear stock brembo rotors machined, no help. I gave up on mechanics and decided just to do things myself. I changed them out with another set of second hand rotors, no go too. So I'm just going to change them out with some new DBA t3 rear rotors and brake pads all round and see if that fixes it. 

However I've done some research on brake pads and HOLY sh*t there is a lot to choose from! So my question is to all the barra gods out there is, where should I start??? I'm heavy on the brakes often but no track days as of yet and I hate hate hate brake dust!!! I have learnt ceramic is the way to go for little brake waste and am willing to pay a bit extra to get good performance with no rim muck........

I'm in Brisbane, has anyone had any dealings with Brakes direct? or know anywhere that does rotors and brake pads at a reasonable price?

P.s. I've got 4 pot brembo fronts and 1 pot OEM rear.

Cheers

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

After having ultimates for a year I wouldn't buy them again. They stop great on the street but the dust is out of control.

Despite what some may say they are not suitable for any track work at all. One lap of collie race track and they were fading, 3 laps and when I came off all 8 were literally smoking, and basically no longer working, every time I went out.

• Like 1