XR6 N/A motor conversion to XR6 turbo

Got a ba

• Member For: 6y 3m 9d

Hi all, I have a BA 2002 xr6 ute with 340,000 on the clock. My old mans has 450,000 on the clock and it’s been across the desert 3 times so I’m not too worried on how mine will last but I’ve found an xr6 turbo engine (ba) that comes with exhaust, intercooling piping, intercooler and all the bit and pieces for a reasonable price. The engine has only done 170,000 and the turbo has little to no wear. It also comes with the ECU. My ute has a 5 speed manual which I hear is very weak so I am also looking at the 6speed. 

I an am aware there are lots of threads about this and I have read them all but most of them are old and price are very different now. They also had donor cars which I do not but I am willing to spend time and money on this car. I do not want to sell mine and buy a turbo because mine isn’t worth anything with the km it has done and a decent one is still up around 6.5 and if I can do this slowly I’ll be happy.

so I am just wondering if all I will need is the wiring looms and fuse box. I know I will also have the get the computers cleared and reprogrammed but is that all?

Forgot to mention that the motor was an auto. If I could get in contact with someone who has done this before that would be good too.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 10d

Id personally pass mate, the BA isnt a strong engine for turbo power.

Plenty of wreckers with BF mk2 sitting around with smashed backends.

Id look for something like that and transfer everything from that into your car.