Tablet Gauges. Torque/Obdlink/FORscan?

LowerSpasm

• Member For: 7y 10m 26d

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker looking for some advice on gauges to run on an android tablet.

I’m using and OBDlink MX OBD and iv tried Torque Pro and OBDlink apps. The problem I found with these two apps is that the gauges are far from accurate. I’m sure there is a way to “dial” them in and get them accurate but I cant be bothered sitting in the car in this head haha.

I’ve read good things about FORscan. I’ve seen that their gauges aren’t customizable or pretty, but at this stage I just want functioning gauges that will measure and log Boost, Oil pressure/temp, trans temp AFR etc.

What have people had success with and what do people use?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Apps are never perfect and more of a indicator than a perfectly accurate gauge. Any ODB to Bluetooth will only get you so far, due to the output speed of the ODB port itself. If you just want a few gauges, you're better off getting physical gauges. Those two you mentioned are the best for ODB-based gauges.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I have the obdlink MX bluetooth device and have been using it for a while. There is a slight delay when looking at the revs.

aGihhp5.png

That is how I have my gauges set up

Please keep in mind that you have to ad the FORD PID into the list, through the settings page.

The only custom PID that I have, is the Ford EOT gauge.

I do not believe that you can get the oil pressure from the ECU.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 24d

Torque Pro, cheap ass bluetooth OBD adapter, cheap ass Samsung P1000 tablet (supports AV out) and ASL video conversion kit

Picture not the greatest buts its quite responsive

20170712_173804.jpg

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

I could have sworn these kits were like $495 at one stage.

If they have come down that much, I might have to find a place in WA to get it done.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 24d

They were expensive mate. Checked one day and noticed they had dropped the price so ordered one - picked up the reverse camera to go with it.

Just order one as it's a DYI job

It's supplied with good instructions and is all plug n play - very simple

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 9m 2d
On 11/28/2017 at 4:44 PM, masda74 said:

I have the obdlink MX bluetooth device and have been using it for a while. There is a slight delay when looking at the revs.

aGihhp5.png

That is how I have my gauges set up

Please keep in mind that you have to ad the FORD PID into the list, through the settings page.

The only custom PID that I have, is the Ford EOT gauge.

I do not believe that you can get the oil pressure from the ECU.

Hi masda74,

I wonder if you could help me out a little.  I have Torque App set up on a cheapo Laser 7" tablet using a OBDLink LX and it works great. I find it responsive enough for what I monitor, which is mainly the Trans Temperature. My problem is that I cannot get the EOT to work. I don't get any response when I set it up but the other gauges work (Trans Temp, Trans Gear, Coolant Temp, Battery Volts, Intake Air Temp, Revs & GPS Speed)  So could you post your settings for the Engine Oil Temp PID. That would be very helpful.

Also, I notice your coolant temp and EOT are pretty close, do you ever see them read differently?

Cheers n beers, Mick

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

hL78rVT.jpg

DwG8wAc.jpg

OpUC0cq.jpg

The coolant temp only starts registering from about 80 on wards.

sometimes I have seen 3 degrees difference, but once the engine has warmed up, they sit on par with each other.

Please keep in mind that this is not an accurate reading. It could be wrong. there is no way to verify that the temp is correct.

I use to be able to plug in the laptop and use forscan to compare readings, however with the SCT4 and the locked tune, forscan does not work.

Edited by masda74