El bf xr6 turbo Vipec v88 wiring help needed

Boosted el

• Member For: 6y 4m 27d

Hi I’m finally getting around to wiring my 96 el xr6 witch I’ve done a bf Barra conversation with a malwood built t56 with transducer fitted and a Vipec v88 ecu I’m wondering if anyone would have any wiring diagrams or any sort of information on how to go about my input output list that may help get this beast up and running again any help will be much appreciated thanks 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

sounds epic... but nobody on this forum has done that conversion before... so I think you'll be doing some pioneering :spoton::icon_ford::Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

You should be able to grab the E series wiring diagram which will give you your Body control inputs to the vipec, the BF engine and accessories are easy enough to work out just by looking at it and making a new loom or even using the B series loom to the outputs on the vipec 

what do you want to know as this will be fairy straight forward if you can understand the e series wiring diagram 

cable TB and away you go unless the 88 has FBW control 

Yeah I’m just working out the inputs atm would the cam phasers solenoids be outputs from the vi pec as the cam position sensor would be the input for that system is that correct and also I have the afx ntk wideband kit witch is it the 4” dump  would I still require a down stream sensor or will the afx be enough and I already have the cable throttle body thanks for the reply 

Just can’t seem to put pictures up?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
1 hour ago, Boosted el said:

cam phasers solenoids be outputs from the vi pec

Correct.

cam position sensor would be the input

Correct.

would I still require a down stream sensor

Nope.

Inputs are the things that the ecu reads such as temp sensors and position sensors and outputs are the things that the ecu controls like thermo fan set points and idle control valves etc. Seems obvious when it's put like that but sometimes it helps to go back to basics :)

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 11d

http://www.vi-pec.com/techdata/documentation

You should be able to get your wiring info from the above link, I used to run a vipec v88 in my XH with turbo Barra unfortunately don't have any of the details anymore (gave it away to the bloke that bought the ecu) but you should be able to work out using the ViPec site pretty easy the 88 will run the ethrottle as well.

image.jpeg.af97c64bc117d17f052f7bca3c186391.jpegDon't know if this helps but this is the I/O schedule I used sadly I have deleted the tune but will keep searching as I might have a USB with a tune that will get you started.

• Like 1

Thanks heaps for that mate you are a dead set legend ? that’s exactly what I was chasing and that would be awesome thanks  I’ll keep u guys posted on how I go with it all so keen to get this back up and running ?

21 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Inputs are the things that the ecu reads such as temp sensors and position sensors and outputs are the things that the ecu controls like thermo fan set points and idle control valves etc. Seems obvious when it's put like that but sometimes it helps to go back to basics :)

Thanks heaps for clearing that up for me mate wasn’t to sure on a down stream sensor

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
10 minutes ago, Boosted el said:

down stream sensor 

Just to explain why; the stock ecu has it to compare pre and post cat sensor voltage to determine if the cat is working properly. It's not needed in aftermarket applications.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 11d

OK have found the last run file I had on a usb drive, I'll put it here but may not work, if not pm your email address and I'll attach to an email. See below or the attachment?

XH GTX3582R 1000 cc injectors and new cam settings (2).pcl