Boost gauge install

Jacobcurtis

• Member For: 6y 11m 18d

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum and I had a look around for installing a boost gauge to a ba xr6t. The thing I am unsure about is what do I install the boost line to? I tried the near the cross over pipe at the BOV but it read mostly negative pressure. If someone could help me out that would be awsome! 

Thanks

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

All cars run negative pressure (if zero is set to be atmospheric pressure, which is actually ~14.7 PSI above a vacuum, which is true zero pressure) to allow the air to be sucked into the intake as the atmospheric pressure is higher than the intake pressure so the air runs into the engine to "equalize" the pressure between the two.

Boosted cars are only above zero when you're on boost.

When you're installing a boost gauge, the easiest place to put a t-piece is into the line that is the "source" for the BOV, like it sounds like you've done.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 28d

What he said. If the gauge is showing big negative at idle, some negative at light to medium throttle and positive when you boot it, everything is working properly. Will show about zero when you switch off.

BOV vac line is where I installed mine on my BA. What gauge did you get?