• Member For: 6y 6m 8d

Hey Lads,

New to this site, looks awesome

Just over 12 months ago I traded in my 2011 FG2 XR6 N/A in on a VF2 SS. Very bad decision and long story short I'm now back to a 2013 FG2 XR6 N/A. My old XR6 was an ex Highway Patrol in WA, which meant it was a tad lower than stock. I want my new XR6 to be the same as it was a good height for it to look good and just a bit different however it wasn't too low.  I do a lot of country driving for work and one of the highways is terrible I think I'll bottom out if I get it too low.  I have a feeling my old falcon was only lowered in the back however I remember I always had to go sideways down kerbs because the front would always scrape so I'm not too sure.  I know it had king springs on it but I don't know if it had upgraded shocks too or not.  My old one looked mean from the back and you could tell the difference between mine and a stock one quite easily. 

A setup I have been thinking about is the King springs Lowered EHD Coils KFRL-68SSLHD? without shocks just in the rear and leave the front? I think they're meant to be 30mm lower than stock? What you guys think?

I would like to avoid the shocks if possible just because I'm not looking to spend heaps.

Just chasing some advice on what the setup may have been and whether I do need to get shocks as well or not.

Cheers Guys

Edited by dat1der

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d

What was wrong with the ss?

(If @stubbietubbie still logged on he'd be all "nothing really, apart from all the rape, torture and murder" or somwthing like that)

I can't fathom how you'd go FG - VF2 - FG, look back and be like "that's progressive". Turbo-V8-turbo, maaaaybe, but an NA???

My opinion fwiw save up till you can afford decent shocks, shorter springs will shorten the life of the stockies, which are sh*t on the basic models anyway, and you'll get full benefit of the springs that way.

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 6m 8d

I bought the Redline when I was on big money then I started an apprenticeship in Queensland, don't get me wrong was an awesome car but it was kind of disheartening when a BA xr6 turbo makes me look like I'm going backwards coming out of a roundabout ? considering I paid a whopping 62k for the ss...

Cheers for the advice, do you reckon the monroe shocks are alright?

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 28d

asif you traded it back for a n/a xr

I wouldnt give 2 chits about a xr6T if I had a vf2 ss 

you could have at least got a turbo ahahah

surely your taking the piss